Wednesday, December 01, 2010

World AIDS Day 2010

World AIDS Day 2010

Today marks the 22nd anniversary for World AIDS Day.

In years past, I've used this day to talk about the sobering statistics of this deadly disease that affects tens of millions around the world. This year, I'd like to remind you of the wonderful work that the fine people at Broadway Cares/Equity Fights AIDS provide. They're once again in the midst of one of their annual giving campaigns. If you've been to a Broadway show in recent weeks, you'll likely have heard from the stage about this great organization's continuing efforts.

Even if you're nowhere near Broadway, please consider giving to this industry-based, nonprofit AIDS fundraising and grant-making organization by going here to make a donation. As many of you know, I dug deep into my pocket earlier this fall, but that isn't deterring me from digging even deeper today by giving again. I hope you'll join me in giving. No gift is too large or too small.

If you're looking to receive something in return -- in addition to my sincere appreciation -- you might also consider joining me in purchasing one of BC/EFA's annual snow globes like the one designed by Broadway's very own David Gallo. For more details, please go here.

Here's to your good health and all the best for your loved ones. Thank you for your support.

This is Steve On Broadway (SOB).

In keeping with the Federal Trade Commission regulations (FTC) that unfairly discriminate against bloggers, who are now required by law to disclose when they have received anything of value in exchange for promotional consideration, please note that I have received nothing of value in exchange for this post.

Powered by FeedBurner

Labels: , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Technorati blog directory Blog Directory & Search engine
Visitor Map

Powered by FeedBurner