Wednesday, October 20, 2010
Pee-Wee Herman Takes Manhattan
Broadway has a new secret word: Pee-wee!
If you live around the Big Apple and you've seen a certain dapper dude sporting a gray suit, red bow tie and white loafers all over town during the past couple weeks, chances are you've spotted a loner, Dottie, a rebel. You've seen the resurgent Paul Reubens as his alter-ego Pee-wee Herman.
The fact he's been all around Manhattan proves he's no fool. No, he's one of the savviest marketers to hit the Great White Way in a long time.
Life is a stage. Act appropriately. - steve on broadway (sob)
SOB's Current Headlines
- Is Baghdad Bengal Broadway Bound?
- Broadway Box Office Tweets - Week Ending October 1...
- An Important Message From Broadway: It Gets Better...
- Merchant Sells Hot Broadway Ticket
- The Scottsboro Boys Take To The Air
- Live! From New York! It's Broadway Babys!
- Bloody Bloody Andrew Jackson (The SOB Review)
- A Night At The Opera / A Day At The Races
- Bloody Bloody Opening Night
The SOB Poll
Current Broadway Shows
Broadway's 2010-11 Theatrical Season
- Name: Steve On Broadway (SOB)
- Location: United States
As someone who has been involved in both politics and public relations, it's no wonder I love watching theatre. Good or bad, it's the raw energy of seeing a live performance that gets my adrenaline pumping. From the moment I saw my very first Broadway show ("Annie" in London in 1979), I was hooked. Now I see as many as 70 shows each year ranging from soaring musicals to two-hander plays. And these eyes just may be in an audience near you!
Subscribe to SOB
Follow SOB on Twitter
Follow SOB on Facebook
Real-Live Bloggers SOB Knows Personally
Other Blogs SOB Reads
One Blog Read That Can Positively Change Lives
SOB's Favorite Theatre Sites
- American Theatre Wing
- American Theatre Wing's Tony Awards
- Live Broadway
- Internet Broadway Database
- Broadway TV
- Broadway Across America
- Society of London Theatre's Laurence Olivier Awards
- London's What's On Stage
- London Theatre Guide
- New York Post Theater Blog
- New York Times Arts Beat Blog
- Theatre.com (London)
- Steppenwolf Theatre