Monday, October 18, 2010

WICK3D?!

WICK3D?!

Last Friday, Broadway.com reported that whenever Universal Pictures finally begins to shoot the big screen version of Wicked, it just may be in 3-D.

Broadway.com quotes Wicked composer Stephen Schwartz, who says, "It'll probably be in 3-D because that's where all [movies] are going." Of course, not everyone is enamored by 3-D filmmaking. Esteemed critic Roger Ebert is among those who makes a pretty good case against the technology.

Now that Idina Menzel and Kristin Chenoweth have apparently been told they're "too old" to recreate their stage turns as Elphaba and Glinda, respectively, on the silver screen, the search is on for actresses who can attract audiences. In the Broadway.com interview, Schwartz mentions the possibility for casting the younger Idina Menzel-doppelgänger Lea Michele, as well as "meeting" director Ryan Murphy. But neither is on board yet with the film version that Schwartz said remains "a twinkle in our eye" for the time being.
 
So dear readers, would you like to see Wicked in 3-D? Please vote in my latest SOB Poll below and then weigh-in!

This is Steve On Broadway (SOB).
 
In keeping with the new Federal Trade Commission (FTC) regulations that unfairly discriminate against bloggers, who are now required by law to disclose when they have received anything of value they might write about, please note that I have received nothing of value in exchange for this post.

Labels: , , , , , , , ,

3 Comments:

At 18 October, 2010, Blogger Esther said...

I don't really want to see Wicked in 3D. Just from a practical standpoint, I don't want to wear the 3D glasses on top of my regular glasses for the entire movie. It gets kind of annoying. (I did it for Toy Story 3).

The strength of Wicked is the music and the characters and the story. I think Hollywood has enough in its bag of technological tricks to make the movie magical without 3D.

 
At 18 October, 2010, Anonymous Monica said...

I don't think Wicked needs to be in 3D. I'm not that big of a fan of 3D films, unless it's used for depth, like in Up and Toy Story 3. I think that Wicked's story and music and whatever actors they get for the roles should be able to carry the story itself. If they use 3D for depth in the visuals, I might be a bit more enthusiastic about the idea. But I'm afraid that currently it will just be so we can have Elphaba flying at our faces.

Also, from my own experience, I get a headache from having to wear the 3D glasses on top of my regular classes. That's something that has happened since I was using the traditional blue and red glasses to using the current ones. I tend to avoid 3D unless its a Pixar film because of how the 3D is used.

 
At 05 March, 2012, Anonymous Anonymous said...

If they make Lea Michele Elphaba I will not go see this movie.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Technorati blog directory Blog Directory & Search engine
Visitor Map

Powered by FeedBurner