Tuesday, July 17, 2007

Realitet Bita (Swedish For Reality Bites)

Realitet Bita (Swedish For Reality Bites)

According to Playbill, the West End edition of Monty Python's Spamalot will find its next Lady of the Lake through a nine-part live television series for Swedish television.

Is it just me, or is this whole reality television thing for casting London shows beginning to get a tad tedious?

This is Steve On Broadway (SOB).

Click here for Spamalot London tickets.
Related Stories:
West End Boys? (March 26, 2007)
Max And Laura Go Together (March 26, 2007)
Behind The Grease Paint (March 24, 2007)
Grease: The Ones That I Want (March 22, 2007)
Apparently Grease Is The Word At Ticketmaster (January 9, 2007)
Sandy And Danny: Who Are The Ones You Want? (January 6, 2007)
The Sound Of Praise (November 16, 2006)
It's A Reality: The Sound Of Music Revival Comes Alive In London Tonight (November 15, 2006)
I've Got Chills, They're Multiplying: NBC Reality Show to Cast Grease (August 8, 2006)

Labels: , , ,

6 Comments:

At 17 July, 2007, Blogger Chris Caggiano said...

Getting tedious? My friend, it's long since gone past tedious and ricocheted off tired on the road to "over that."

 
At 17 July, 2007, Blogger Steve On Broadway (SOB) said...

So I was being, hmmm, let's see... charitable. For the record, I do have my tix to see Grease next month so I can report for myself whether Kathleen Marshall & Co. have managed to pull off their stateside edition of this reality bit.

 
At 17 July, 2007, Blogger Chris Caggiano said...

You're a better man than I. I have NO intention of taking in Grease. My next NYC jaunt will likely be October. I have my Young Frankenstein ticket, and I'll finally be seeing Jersey Boys. Just after John Lloyd Young's contract is up, however. Ah, well.

 
At 17 July, 2007, Blogger Steve On Broadway (SOB) said...

Interestingly enough, I had no difficulty getting decent seats for Grease, which leads me to wonder just how well they're selling.

Part of why I'm taking it in is to complete my reporting on the reality phenomenon, coupled with my desire to make a concerted effort to see every Broadway show this season.

As for Young Frankenstein, I'll be providing the early word from Seattle sometime next month.

 
At 18 July, 2007, Blogger Nicole said...

Tedious isn't even the word. It's just gross. I was upset with this concept at first, and it has gone on for far too long.

What about all of the actors who work for years and can't get a lead in a West End/ Bway show? Those who took the time to study the craft, rather than just come out of the wood work with no theater background. What about the casting directors? This concept completely invalidates their profession. Why do we think that celebrity judges and the general public know more about casting? Let's leave it to the professionals- you know, the ones who do this every single day of their lives.

 
At 18 July, 2007, Blogger Steve On Broadway (SOB) said...

Brooklyn Gal, You raise some very valid points about honing a craft. Our media has become all about instant gratification and trying to ensure every idiot has his or her 15 minutes of fame whether deserved or not. It's degrading and humiliating, but unfortunately, it's evidently entertaining to far too many individuals.

Do I think they can find real talent via these shows? Absolutely. But does it come at a cost? You bet.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Technorati blog directory Blog Directory & Search engine
Visitor Map

Powered by FeedBurner