Friday, July 13, 2007
Thanks to the creative vision of choreographer-turned-director Jerry Mitchell, Broadway Bares has become an annual rite of passage for many Broadway stars and gypsies alike, willing to take it all off to the benefit of Broadway Cares/Equity Fights AIDS. This year, the June event raised over $700,000.
Now, Vegas is calling with a regular sitdown production called Peep Show looming, according to Variety. As entertaining as the annual Roseland Ballroom event is, the caveat is that it's all for a worthy cause.
As ironic as it may seem, doesn't a legit version of this bawdy annual fundraiser make it seem a little less, well, wholesome?
This is Steve On Broadway (SOB).
Life is a stage. Act appropriately. - steve on broadway (sob)
SOB's Current Headlines
- Ever After Happily Begins With Reading
- Did Critics Offer Xana-Dos Or Don'ts?
- Xanadu (The SOB Review)
- Pygmalion Revival: There Is Nothing Like A Danes?
- No Khan Job: Xanadu Opens Tonight
- Everything's Coming Up Patti!
- Thanks, Mel!
- Tony Winner Julie White Transforms Herself
- 1776 (The SOB Review)
- What Motivates You To See A Broadway Show?
The SOB Poll
Current Broadway Shows
Broadway's 2010-11 Theatrical Season
- Name: Steve On Broadway (SOB)
- Location: United States
As someone who has been involved in both politics and public relations, it's no wonder I love watching theatre. Good or bad, it's the raw energy of seeing a live performance that gets my adrenaline pumping. From the moment I saw my very first Broadway show ("Annie" in London in 1979), I was hooked. Now I see as many as 70 shows each year ranging from soaring musicals to two-hander plays. And these eyes just may be in an audience near you!
Subscribe to SOB
Follow SOB on Twitter
Follow SOB on Facebook
Real-Live Bloggers SOB Knows Personally
Other Blogs SOB Reads
One Blog Read That Can Positively Change Lives
SOB's Favorite Theatre Sites
- American Theatre Wing
- American Theatre Wing's Tony Awards
- Live Broadway
- Internet Broadway Database
- Broadway TV
- Broadway Across America
- Society of London Theatre's Laurence Olivier Awards
- London's What's On Stage
- London Theatre Guide
- New York Post Theater Blog
- New York Times Arts Beat Blog
- Theatre.com (London)
- Steppenwolf Theatre