Tuesday, July 10, 2007

No Khan Job: Xanadu Opens Tonight

No Khan Job: Xanadu Opens Tonight

After perhaps more previews than any other Broadway show in recent memory (49) -- or ever, thanks in part to the an injury that befell original male lead James Carpinello, Xanadu finally rolls into opening night on the Great White Way.

Based on the infamous 1980 Olivia Newton-John vehicle and packed with hits by the Australian diva and Electric Light Orchestra, Xanadu camps things up considerably via a book by Douglas Carter Beane (The Little Dog Laughed).

Xanadu's cast includes Kerry Butler, Cheyenne Jackson,
Tony Roberts, Jackie Hoffman and Mary Testa.

Will critics enjoy the ride? Find out tomorrow as I provide a critics' capsule, along with my own review.

This is Steve On Broadway (SOB).

Click here for ticket information.


Labels: , , , ,

5 Comments:

At 10 July, 2007, Blogger Chris Caggiano said...

I'm seeing Xanadu Sunday, Steve. Look for my review. I'm also taking in Old Acquaintance and In the Heights. Regards. --cc

 
At 10 July, 2007, Blogger Steve On Broadway (SOB) said...

Chris - Appreciate the heads-up. All I can advise, without tipping my hat toward my own review, is go in with an open mind...

 
At 10 July, 2007, Blogger Sarah B. Roberts said...

I already saw Xanadu twice - LOVED IT!

 
At 10 July, 2007, Blogger Musical Theatre said...

This show scares me.

 
At 11 July, 2007, Blogger Steve On Broadway (SOB) said...

As you'll see from my review, I walked away unscathed and quite happy!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Technorati blog directory Blog Directory & Search engine
Visitor Map

Powered by FeedBurner