Friday, October 08, 2010
The Demon Barber Of Scranton, PA
Last evening's episode of "The Office" paid tribute to Stephen Sondheim's Sweeney Todd. (Hat tip to David Itzkoff of The New York Times).
This is Steve On Broadway (SOB).
In keeping with the new Federal Trade Commission (FTC) regulations that unfairly discriminate against bloggers, who are now required by law to disclose when they have received anything of value they might write about, please note that I have received nothing of value in exchange for this post.
Life is a stage. Act appropriately. - steve on broadway (sob)
SOB's Current Headlines
- Evita (The SOB Review)
- The Boys Are Back In Town
- Driving Miss Daisy Pulls Up To Broadway
- Pee-Wee Herman's Playful Commercial
- A Little Less Night Music Come January
- The Wright Stuff For Free Man Of Color
- Broadway Box Office Tweets - Week Ending October 3...
- Mrs. Warren's Profession (The SOB Review)
- Beatles Tribute Prepares To Rain Down On Broadway
- 8 New Broadway Shows Begin This Month - Which Do Y...
The SOB Poll
Current Broadway Shows
Broadway's 2010-11 Theatrical Season
- Name: Steve On Broadway (SOB)
- Location: United States
As someone who has been involved in both politics and public relations, it's no wonder I love watching theatre. Good or bad, it's the raw energy of seeing a live performance that gets my adrenaline pumping. From the moment I saw my very first Broadway show ("Annie" in London in 1979), I was hooked. Now I see as many as 70 shows each year ranging from soaring musicals to two-hander plays. And these eyes just may be in an audience near you!
Subscribe to SOB
Follow SOB on Twitter
Follow SOB on Facebook
Real-Live Bloggers SOB Knows Personally
Other Blogs SOB Reads
One Blog Read That Can Positively Change Lives
SOB's Favorite Theatre Sites
- American Theatre Wing
- American Theatre Wing's Tony Awards
- Live Broadway
- Internet Broadway Database
- Broadway TV
- Broadway Across America
- Society of London Theatre's Laurence Olivier Awards
- London's What's On Stage
- London Theatre Guide
- New York Post Theater Blog
- New York Times Arts Beat Blog
- Theatre.com (London)
- Steppenwolf Theatre