Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Tag, I'm It

Tag, I'm It

Thanks fellow blogger, Joseph Gomez of I Can't I Have Rehearsal, for tagging me.

Joseph, of course, is the self-proclaimed "big town guy trapped in a small town guy's body" who somehow manages to write about Broadway from his bunker deep in the heart of Texas.

Since part of the fun is to keep this tag running, here are the rules, along with my taggees:

The Rules

Link to your tagger (that would be Joseph of I Can't I Have Rehearsal) and list these rules on your blog.

Share 7 facts about yourself on your blog - some random, some weird.

Tag 7 people at the end of your post by leaving their names as well as links to their blog. Let them know they have been tagged by leaving a comment on their blog.

If you don't have 7 blog friends, or if someone else already took dibs, then tag some unsuspecting strangers.

The Facts

I once worked on Capitol Hill on the Senate side, and if you look at videos of the PMRC hearings that featured Frank Zappa, John Denver and Dee Snider squaring off against Tipper Gore real closely, you can see me on the dais.

I have been a guest on "Good Morning America" twice and "20/20" once, among other news programs, to offer my travel expertise.

I have been flipped off by the late Johnny Carson, to great comic effect.

I've been fortunate to have traveled to all 50 states, as well as more than 50 countries in Africa, Asia, Australia, Europe, North America and South America.

I once dated a grandchild of a presidential candidate.

I have been to the front of a war.

I love sushi.

The Tagged Bloggers

Broadway & Me because she knows way more about Broadway than I do.
‘kül That Sounds Cool because he sees way more shows than I do.
Mid Hudson Valley Theater Blog because she provides a fresh perspective on local shows.
Modern Fabulousity because he has one of the biggest hearts of any blogger I know.
Things You'll Learn To Love About Me because she has so many things I've learned to love about her.
Third Row, Mezzanine because there's no taking a backseat to this gifted guy.
West End Whingers because a good game of tag should not be limited to the American side of the Atlantic.

This is Steve On Broadway (SOB).

Labels: ,

4 Comments:

At 15 October, 2008, Blogger JESSICA TAGHAP said...

which grandchild was it that you dated? That sounds so interesting...

 
At 15 October, 2008, Blogger Steve On Broadway (SOB) said...

TAFKAJ, I never kiss and tell!!! But I did have a couple occasions to meet the grandfather, who could not have been nicer.

 
At 17 October, 2008, Blogger jan@broadwayandme said...

Steve, thanks so much for your very kind words about me. I confess I'm not a fan of these kind of chain-letter things (too much work!) but I do applaud the idea of bloggers supporting other bloggers we admire. And so although I'm not going to go through the passing on the tag ritual, I am going to take advantage of your comment section to list seven blogs that I think all your readers should check out if they don't already know them:

About Last Night
http://www.artsjournal.com/aboutlastnight/
the Wall Street Journal critic, whom many consider the godfather of all theater bloggers, writes knowingly about theater, books, movies, music and opera, including his own which is scheduled for a debut at Santa Fe next summer

Nytheatre-i
http://www.nytheatre-i.com/
the founder of the invaluable newyorktheatre.com website takes time out to offer personal comments on the scene

Playgoer
http://playgoer.blogspot.com/
a smartly written and well informed mix of news, reviews, and commentary about theater on and off Broadway

Full Force Theater Musings
http://carajoy.blogspot.com/
a veteran theater reporter’s views on what’s happening, what should be happening and what probably shouldn’t be

Clyde Fitch Report
http://clydefitch.blogspot.com/
the first-string critic for Back Stage and New York Press takes on theater, arts advocacy and politics

Superfluities Redux
http://www.georgehunka.com/blog/
a playwright and deep thinker writes about serious downtown and European theater, the stuff we used to call avant-garde

Parabaris [politics]
http://parabasis.typepad.com/blog/
another downtown theater guy, who’s very opinionated and often very funny

 
At 17 October, 2008, Blogger Steve On Broadway (SOB) said...

Thanks Jan. There are some great bloggers on your list. While most of them are listed among my regular reads, it's nice to see some others that I haven't been reading!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Technorati blog directory Blog Directory & Search engine
Visitor Map

Powered by FeedBurner