Tuesday, October 14, 2008
Chicago's Tony Award-winning Steppen-wolf Theatre Company, co-founded in 1974 by Terry Kinney, Jeff Perry and Gary Sinise, has long been known for its edgy to inspiring innovative fare.
But who knew that the second production ever mounted by Steppenwolf back in April 1974 was Grease?!
I guess there are worse things Steppenwolf could do.
This is Steve On Broadway (SOB).
Life is a stage. Act appropriately. - steve on broadway (sob)
SOB's Current Headlines
- MTC Opening: Consider It "To Be"
- Casting Couched In Rumors
- Wicked In 2010?
- Down, But Not Out
- Did Critics Offer Saintly Reviews for All Of "Man"...
- A Man For Broadway's 2008-09 Season Opens Tonight
- Did Critics Treat 13 With Kid Gloves?
- 13 Takes The 5th
- Did Seagull Revival Soar With Critics?
- Hairspray: You Can Stop The Beat?
The SOB Poll
Current Broadway Shows
Broadway's 2010-11 Theatrical Season
- Name: Steve On Broadway (SOB)
- Location: United States
As someone who has been involved in both politics and public relations, it's no wonder I love watching theatre. Good or bad, it's the raw energy of seeing a live performance that gets my adrenaline pumping. From the moment I saw my very first Broadway show ("Annie" in London in 1979), I was hooked. Now I see as many as 70 shows each year ranging from soaring musicals to two-hander plays. And these eyes just may be in an audience near you!
Subscribe to SOB
Follow SOB on Twitter
Follow SOB on Facebook
Real-Live Bloggers SOB Knows Personally
Other Blogs SOB Reads
One Blog Read That Can Positively Change Lives
SOB's Favorite Theatre Sites
- American Theatre Wing
- American Theatre Wing's Tony Awards
- Live Broadway
- Internet Broadway Database
- Broadway TV
- Broadway Across America
- Society of London Theatre's Laurence Olivier Awards
- London's What's On Stage
- London Theatre Guide
- New York Post Theater Blog
- New York Times Arts Beat Blog
- Theatre.com (London)
- Steppenwolf Theatre