Tuesday, October 28, 2008
On Thursday, Wicked will celebrate the fifth anniversary of its opening on Broadway. The tuner opened at the George Gershwin Theatre on October 30, 2003.
To festivate the anniversary, even the Empire State Building went green yesterday.
Tomorrow, I'll have more on some of the official celebration, including my recap on the entertaining benefit I attended at the Gershwin Theatre last night called The Yellow Brick Road Not Taken.
This is Steve On Broadway (SOB).
Life is a stage. Act appropriately. - steve on broadway (sob)
SOB's Current Headlines
- Were Critics Toasting Plow?
- Putting Spring To Bed
- 13 (The SOB Review)
- Speeding Toward, Plowing Through Opening Night
- Hairspray's Closing: Run And Tell That!
- That's Liza's At The P
- It Just Was Not To Be
- To Be Or Not To Be (The SOB Review)
- Closing The Lid On Spamalot
- Did Critics Think Sons Offered Its All?
The SOB Poll
Current Broadway Shows
Broadway's 2010-11 Theatrical Season
- Name: Steve On Broadway (SOB)
- Location: United States
As someone who has been involved in both politics and public relations, it's no wonder I love watching theatre. Good or bad, it's the raw energy of seeing a live performance that gets my adrenaline pumping. From the moment I saw my very first Broadway show ("Annie" in London in 1979), I was hooked. Now I see as many as 70 shows each year ranging from soaring musicals to two-hander plays. And these eyes just may be in an audience near you!
Subscribe to SOB
Follow SOB on Twitter
Follow SOB on Facebook
Real-Live Bloggers SOB Knows Personally
Other Blogs SOB Reads
One Blog Read That Can Positively Change Lives
SOB's Favorite Theatre Sites
- American Theatre Wing
- American Theatre Wing's Tony Awards
- Live Broadway
- Internet Broadway Database
- Broadway TV
- Broadway Across America
- Society of London Theatre's Laurence Olivier Awards
- London's What's On Stage
- London Theatre Guide
- New York Post Theater Blog
- New York Times Arts Beat Blog
- Theatre.com (London)
- Steppenwolf Theatre