Tuesday, February 26, 2008

Fantasy Casting Calls

Fantasy Casting Calls

With all the buzz about a potential film version of August: Osage County, the Chicago Tribune's Chris Jones provided his dream casting for the inevitable movie.

So, not to be outdone, was it any surprise that the Gray Lady, The New York Times, had reporter Erik Piepenburg asking theatre industry folks what their ultimate fantasy casting calls would be?

With a huge tip of the hat to Garrett Eisler of The Playgoer, whose own erudite opinion was tapped and included in the story, check out here what everyone from A to Z (OK, Adam Rapp to Swoosie Kurtz) had to say.

The comments by Jason Robert Brown should be savored.

And fellow bloggers, isn't this just an extension of the meme we were playing just a couple weeks ago? Hat tip here, once again, to Sarah B. at Adventures in the Endless Pursuit of Entertainment! I'll stick with the choices I already spelled out here.

This is Steve On Broadway (SOB).

Labels: , , , , , , , ,

2 Comments:

At 27 February, 2008, Blogger Esther said...

Interesting casting choices from Chris Jones. I can't quite see Meryl Streep as Violet or Julia Roberts as Karen, but I like Kevin Spacey as Karen's slimy boyfriend. Although it might be a little too close to "American Beauty" for Kevin!

 
At 27 February, 2008, Blogger Steve On Broadway (SOB) said...

I could see Meryl Streep in just about any role she wanted, thanks to her versatility. But Julia Roberts? I can't see it.

As much as I like Diane Keaton, I think a more zaftig female actress would be appropriate.

Of course, ultimately, I would prefer the original cast.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Technorati blog directory Blog Directory & Search engine
Visitor Map

Powered by FeedBurner