Sunday, February 24, 2008

Hollywood On Broadway, Or I'd Like To Thank...

Hollywood On Broadway, Or I'd Like To Thank...

...ABC for enabling thousands of visitors to its "Good Morning America" set -- at the corner of Broadway and West 44th Street in the heart of Times Square -- not only to see all of next year's Academy Award statuettes, but especially for allowing us to get up close and personal with one.

The free New York exhibition remained opened until 7 p.m. last evening (a similar exhibition was offered in Los Angeles through Saturday evening as well).

Even though they were tethered down, I have to admit to enjoying my only opportunity to actually hold a real Oscar. I mean, how could I resist?!

Forgive me for not wearing appropriate attire and forgetting to thank you.

The 80th Annual Academy Awards will be presented on ABC live from Hollywood beginning this evening at 8 p.m. EST. Now, if only I had seen a quarter as many films as I saw stage shows over this past year, I might have a better handle on the winners...

This is Steve On Broadway (SOB).

Labels: , , , , ,

4 Comments:

At 24 February, 2008, Blogger Alicia said...

How cool is that? If I had been in NY and seen that I would have been ALL over that statuette! :)

 
At 24 February, 2008, Blogger Vance said...

For the first time ever, I saw more stage shows than movies though I think I still only saw 1/4 of the shows you saw (if even).

Oh well, so I'm not as versed on Oscar night as I normally am but can't wait for Kristin Chenowith to perform one of the Enchanted songs (or Amy Adams and Jon McCloughlin for that matter!)

 
At 24 February, 2008, Blogger Esther said...

Steve, you'll always be an award-winner to me!

I'm in the same boat as Vance. This year, for the first time in my life, I saw more stage shows than movies in the theater. So I feel somewhat detached from the Oscars this year. Plus, some of the best picture nominees were just way too violent for me. I'll catch up with some of them on dvd.

 
At 24 February, 2008, Blogger Steve On Broadway (SOB) said...

Alicia, As you can see, I did the obligatory smooch with Oscar!

Vance, Since "Enchanted" is one of the relatively few films I saw over the past year (and I loved it), I'll be eager to hear Kristin Chenoweth sing the tune from the show.

Esther, I appreciate the vote of confidence! The themes of most movies this past year just didn't excite me much, sorry to say. Still, I really want to see "There Will Be Blood" and "No Country For Old Men." I just haven't gotten around to them yet. But I will be tuning in for the Oscars!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Technorati blog directory Blog Directory & Search engine
Visitor Map

Powered by FeedBurner