Sunday, February 24, 2008

Load-In's Turn

Load-In's Turn

I'm not prone to carrying around my camera, but I happened to have mine the other day as I was strolling by Broadway's St. James Theatre.

There, the load-in was in progress for the revival of one of my two all-time favorite musicals. Since I've seen more different versions of this classic by Jule Styne, Stephen Sondheim and Arthur Laurents than any other tuner, I thought I'd take a couple shots.

As you can see from the photos, everything's coming up Gypsy on West 44th Street, this time with Laura Benanti as Louise, Boyd Gaines as Herbie, and of course, Patti LuPone as Rose.

As for me, I'll be in the audience late next month. And that's no gimmick.

This is Steve On Broadway (SOB).

Click here for tickets.
Related Stories:
Tag, I'm It! (February 4, 2008)
Laurents' Turn: First Gypsy, Then West Side Story (December 18, 2008)
LuPone's Mama Rose, Part 3? (October 3, 2007)
At 90, Laurents Has Still "Got It" (July 27, 2007)
Everything's Coming Up Patti! (July 9, 2007)
SOB's Best Of 2006-07: Top Ten Of The Year (June 4, 2007)
SOB's Best Of 2006-07: Best Revivals Of Musicals (May 18, 2007)
It's Official: LuPone's Triumph Earns Encores! (March 19, 2007)
Will Encores Mount All-Star Gypsy? (March 2, 2007)
SOB's 6 Singular Sensations Of '06 - #1: Patti LuPone (December 30, 2006)
Gypsy (The SOB Review) (August 14, 2006)

Labels: , , , , , , , , , ,

2 Comments:

At 24 February, 2008, Blogger Esther said...

Wow, I've never seen a show being loaded in before. That's very cool. You should bring your camera with you more often! I'm looking forward to "Gypsy" too. I loved it last summer at City Center - my first time seeing the show on stage - and I'm excited about seeing it again. Plus, I'll be able to check one more Broadway theater off my list!

 
At 24 February, 2008, Blogger Steve On Broadway (SOB) said...

Esther, You're right.... I should bring my camera with me more often, but I just don't think about it.

As for the St. James, be prepared to have your legs cramped.... It was very tight when I saw The Producers there.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Technorati blog directory Blog Directory & Search engine
Visitor Map

Powered by FeedBurner