Sunday, January 27, 2008

Imitation Is The Sincerest Form...

Imitation Is The Sincerest Form...

In part because Modern Fabulousity so generously links to my site on a regular basis, but also because I found his post "ABC's Meme" so interesting, I'm providing a link back and playing copycat with my own version.

I give you the SOB ABC's:

A - Age: Older than I look, but younger than I feel.
B - Band listening to right now: Does the cast of Spring Awakening count as a "band"?
C - Career future: I hope to know more in the next few days.
D - Dad’s name: he goes by Dean, but his real name is Donald.
E - Easiest person to talk to: Esther.
F - Favorite type of shoe: Manolo Blahniks, simply because I like saying the name (and it gets bonus points for being a "Sex And The City" staple).
G – Grapes or Grapefruit: Grapes, preferably red and seedless.
H – Hometown: Depends on how hometown is defined. I grew up in Mequon, Wisconsin. It will always be home to me.
I – Instrumental talent: I used to play the piano.
J – Juice of choice: Pineapple.
K – Koala Bear or Panda Bear: Koala Bear, because I've been able to hold one (you can't hold a panda).
L - Longest car ride ever: Milwaukee to Houston to Washington DC. I never take the obvious route.
M – Middle name: Dean.
N - Number of jobs you’ve had: 19. They included: dishwasher, shopping mall Santa (age 16, seriously), discount department store clerk, high-end retail sales associate, computer draftsman, college student body president, encyclopedia sales, Capitol Hill intern, project assistant to U.S. Senator, regional representative to same U.S. Senator, legislative assistant to same U.S. Senator, lobbyist, state legislator, public relations firm account supervisor, trade association director of public relations, director of communications for same trade association, director of public relations for travel company, senior vice president of big public relations firm and senior director of public relations for same travel company as before. Best: current job. Worst: last job.
O - OCD traits: being able to tell you which U.S. President corresponds with each number (for example, 26 = my personal favorite president in history).
P - Phobias: Claustrophobia, but I've really only experienced it once inside these.
Q - Quote: "If you can't say something good about someone, sit right here by me." (Alice Longworth, daughter of my favorite president in history)
R - Reason to smile: Live theatre.
S - Song you sang last: "The Song of Purple Summer" by cast of Spring Awakening.
T - Time you wake up: 7 a.m. whether I want to or not.
U - Unknown fact about me: There's an actual face attached to my eyes.
V - Vegetable you hate: Lima beans.
W - Worst habit: I've been putting off in answering this, but it's procrastinating.
X - X-rays you’ve had: Teeth.
Y - Yummiest food my belly likes: sushi and chocolate, although rarely together.
Z - Zodiac sign: Virgo.

This is Steve On Broadway (SOB).

Labels: , , , , , ,

6 Comments:

At 27 January, 2008, Blogger Esther said...

I'm the easiest person to talk to? Really? Awwww Steve, you are so sweet! You know how much I love talking to you, and e-mailing you! And of course, going to the theater with you is best of all. I can verify that there is an actual face attached to those eyes. And I can definitely see you as a department store Santa. You bring so much joy to everyone in your life, including me! And I'm with you on the lima beans, brother!

 
At 27 January, 2008, Blogger Steve On Broadway (SOB) said...

Hey Esther. The Santa thing was a complete fluke. When I was just 16 my sister and I - as a joke - applied for jobs at our nearest shopping mall for the Santa and elves positions.

I was quite stunned to get a call from the mall four days before Christmas Eve asking if I could come in. They didn't care that I was just 16 and pretty skinny. Their problem was that they had gone through all their Santas with every one of them falling ill.

I took the job, which paid about $5 per hour. It was kind of bizarre, but it gave me some interesting insights into the greed of some parents.

Ironically, the following Easter, my sister was called in to play the Easter Bunny.

See how easy it is for me to talk with you?

 
At 27 January, 2008, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I adore you, Steve. Thanks for the link, and the praise. You're my new best friend! :-)

 
At 27 January, 2008, Blogger Steve On Broadway (SOB) said...

ModFab, I'm honored.

 
At 28 January, 2008, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your sushi and chocolate reminds me of the worst dessert I've ever had. I was once in a nouvelle cuisine restaurant and I had the creme brulee trio. The third creme brulee was a sashimi creme brulee- I love sashimi but it's disgusting in a creme brulee.

 
At 29 January, 2008, Blogger Steve On Broadway (SOB) said...

Yikes, Broadway Baby! Give me chocolate-covered sushi any day over that!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Technorati blog directory Blog Directory & Search engine
Visitor Map

Powered by FeedBurner