Monday, January 21, 2008
In honor of Nobel Peace Prize Laureate Martin Luther King, Jr., and in observance of our national holiday where we remember his leadership and sacrifice as our pre-eminent force for equality among all Americans, I invite you to join me in contributing to the National Memorial that will celebrate his life.
The building of the long overdue Martin Luther King, Jr. National Memorial will commence this spring on Washington's National Mall, not far from where America's civil rights leader gave his 1963 speech on the steps of the Lincoln Memorial as part of the peaceful March on Washington.
This is Steve On Broadway (SOB).
Life is a stage. Act appropriately. - steve on broadway (sob)
SOB's Current Headlines
- Touring Productions: What's Fair And Equity
- Triple Espresso (The SOB Review)
- Good Boys And True (The SOB Review)
- Avenue Q (The SOB Revisit)
- For Your Viewing Pleasure: Two Harbors
- Did Critics' Ballots Favor November?
- The Homecoming (The SOB Review)
- November's January Opening
- Rent's Nederlander Lease Expires In About 197,946 ...
- Did 39 Steps Benefit From Critical Leap?
The SOB Poll
Current Broadway Shows
Broadway's 2010-11 Theatrical Season
- Name: Steve On Broadway (SOB)
- Location: United States
As someone who has been involved in both politics and public relations, it's no wonder I love watching theatre. Good or bad, it's the raw energy of seeing a live performance that gets my adrenaline pumping. From the moment I saw my very first Broadway show ("Annie" in London in 1979), I was hooked. Now I see as many as 70 shows each year ranging from soaring musicals to two-hander plays. And these eyes just may be in an audience near you!
Subscribe to SOB
Follow SOB on Twitter
Follow SOB on Facebook
Real-Live Bloggers SOB Knows Personally
Other Blogs SOB Reads
One Blog Read That Can Positively Change Lives
SOB's Favorite Theatre Sites
- American Theatre Wing
- American Theatre Wing's Tony Awards
- Live Broadway
- Internet Broadway Database
- Broadway TV
- Broadway Across America
- Society of London Theatre's Laurence Olivier Awards
- London's What's On Stage
- London Theatre Guide
- New York Post Theater Blog
- New York Times Arts Beat Blog
- Theatre.com (London)
- Steppenwolf Theatre