Wednesday, November 05, 2008

Soaring Drama

Soaring Drama

Congratulations to our new President-Elect Barack Obama and our new Vice President-Elect Joe Biden.

Now that they have proven victorious in being elected to the White House, I'd like to offer timely and appropriate words offered by its very first occupant, President John Adams, founding father and second president of the United States:
"I pray Heaven to bestow the best blessings on this house and all that shall hereafter inhabit. May none but honest and wise men ever rule under this roof."
- John Adams in letter to his wife Abigail Adams
November 2, 1800
I join in wishing our leaders godspeed and wisdom.

This is Steve On Broadway (SOB).

Labels: , , , ,

2 Comments:

At 05 November, 2008, Blogger David said...

and here I keep finding myself thinking of Alan Shepherd's prayer:

Please, dear God, don't let me screw up.

 
At 05 November, 2008, Blogger Kevin Daly said...

The quote by Adams is one of my all-time favorites.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Technorati blog directory Blog Directory & Search engine
Visitor Map

Powered by FeedBurner