Monday, November 03, 2008

Last Dance To Last Laugh?

Last Dance To Last Laugh?

Sure, she may no longer be a "Dancing With The Stars" contestant -- and the oldest one ever at that -- but her Herculean antics on the ABC series may have earned Cloris Leachman a second look by Mel Brooks for his Young Frankenstein Broadway musical.

Passed over initially because Brooks didn't want her to "die on stage," Leachman challenged him via her representative Steve Rohr "to three rounds in the ring, and we'll see who's left standing."

What a difference a slice of reality television can make. Leachman is asked about a second crack at Young Frankenstein in a Q&A with Newsweek:
Is it true Mel Brooks wants you to reprise your part in Young Frankenstein on Broadway?
Yeah. We're negotiating.

He once said you were so old, he worried you'd die onstage.
He's not worried anymore. Corky [Ballas, her dance partner on the show] threw me around today on "The View," and I thought I was dead when I stood up. I can't tell you—I really thought I died! I thought I was in heaven.
If Brooks manages to bring the 82 year old actress back to the Broadway boards for her first time in nearly 50 years, far from being a neigh-sayer, I'll be happy to plunk down a little spare cash to cheer her on and hear those horses whinny but good.

This is Steve On Broadway (SOB).

Labels: , , , , , ,

2 Comments:

At 03 November, 2008, Blogger Kevin Daly said...

Agreed, Steve. The one thing about the show that had really had me excited was the prospect of Cloris Leachman recreating Frau Blucher, especially given the buzz from her performance at the industry reading in which she participated. I would shell out to see Cloris, without a moment's hesitation. (Though as I said in my blog, wouldn't it be something if the producers of "August" were to bring her in as the next Violet?)

 
At 03 November, 2008, Blogger Esther said...

Wow, I didn't realize that Cloris Leachman had been in South Pacific! Even though I was disappointed with Young Frankenstein, I'd be interested in seeing it again with her. Plus, I'd like another chance to see Christopher Fitzgerald's Igor. (Eye-gore.)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Technorati blog directory Blog Directory & Search engine
Visitor Map

Powered by FeedBurner