Wednesday, March 26, 2008

Rent: New Short-Term Lease

Rent: New Short-Term Lease

So much for one final song glory.

This must be the Nederlander's season of love. Although they could just as easily have said take me or leave me, they're instead saying I'll cover you for a little bit longer.

You'll see, if you're a Rent fan, I should tell you that I have news today 4 U! The word on the street out tonight is that the bohemian tuner is being temporarily taken off life support to live another day, although not quite through Happy New Year or Christmas Bells or even Halloween. However, without you, the show would have closed on June 1, but now it's been tuned up through September 7.

No doubt Rent fans are over the moon, if not doing the tango, after contacting all their fellow fans leaving voicemails shouting, "La Vie Boheme"!

So now will I have to ask all you Rent fans, are you okay, honeys? I'm sure with what you own in your achievement in keeping the show going, you're thinking, yes, we're okay. I'll just light my candle in your honor.

Now, I'm off to Santa Fe. With Maureen.

This is Your Eyes aka Steve On Broadway (SOB).

Click here for tickets.
Related Stories:
Rent's Nederlander Lease Expires In About 197,946 Minutes (January 16, 2008)

Labels: , , ,

5 Comments:

At 26 March, 2008, Blogger Chris Van Patten said...

Oh wow... someone felt creative today ;-)

It's coverage like this that makes SOB more fun to read than those other theatre sites, props for keeping things lively. Haha.

 
At 26 March, 2008, Blogger Steve On Broadway (SOB) said...

Thanks Chris. You know, once I started, it began writing itself...

Glad you enjoyed.

 
At 26 March, 2008, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I wish Rent would close already -it is so dated already...not that I liked it in the first place.

 
At 27 March, 2008, Blogger Steve On Broadway (SOB) said...

Say what you will, but Rent has certainly paved the way for a new generation of musicals, and for that I'm very thankful. I also have to say that despite its flaws, I was profoundly moved both times I saw Rent.

 
At 27 March, 2008, Blogger Lani said...

Very clever and fun to read Steve!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Technorati blog directory Blog Directory & Search engine
Visitor Map

Powered by FeedBurner