Monday, March 24, 2008

No Glory In Crap Shoot

No Glory In Crap Shoot

First things first. Glory Days is most definitely coming to Broadway.

How do I know? Because I just received an e-mail message from Broadway.com inviting me to get tickets in its one-week pre-sale.

Now, here's the rub. To get your tickets, you need to provide your credit card information and make the purchase without knowing where your seats are. In other words, it's a free for all, except it ain't free. Although it states that tickets are $97.50 up front, it ends up costing $121.50 a pop.

As a rule, I never buy tickets unless I know where I'll be seated. After inserting my credit card information, I clicked the little "proceed" button and next thing I knew, without any warning, I had a transaction in progress. Next thing that popped up on my screen said:
You will receive your confirmed seat locations by e-mail within one business day. If for some reason we cannot fill your request, we will send you a courtesy e-mail to follow up.
I would have preferred the courtesy of knowing that the last of many "proceeds" actually meant "purchase."

Is this any way to sell tickets??

This is Steve On Broadway (SOB).

Click here for Glory Days pre-sale.
Related Stories:

Glory Days Yet To Come This Broadway Season? (March 19, 2008)

Labels: , , , , , , ,

7 Comments:

At 24 March, 2008, Blogger Sarah B. Roberts said...

Steve! Wait for the discount! And I told Chris Caggiano, "My friends, women who have been out of high school for about 50 years, saw this at the Signature. One said, 'Well, it was cute but I didn't think that being out of high school for just one year made much sense.'"

 
At 24 March, 2008, Blogger Vance said...

Yes, I'm sure there will be another discount.

Still.

HOLY it's actually happening!

 
At 24 March, 2008, Blogger Esther said...

Wow, that's very strange. Usually they give you a very clear warning that you're actually about to buy a ticket.

I still wish it were a Bruce Springsteen jukebox musical!

 
At 24 March, 2008, Blogger Steve On Broadway (SOB) said...

Sarah, I wish I could have waited, but there was no option.

I saw what Chris had written last week and completely agreed with his point. The only reason I didn't comment was because every way I put it made me sound like an old geezer.

Any 19 or 20 year who thinks his/her glory days are behind them knows nothing about life and living.

 
At 24 March, 2008, Blogger Steve On Broadway (SOB) said...

Vance, Yes, it really is on!

 
At 24 March, 2008, Blogger Steve On Broadway (SOB) said...

Esther, I fully expected a final warning. But it never came.... Guess, to your point, it was born to run.

 
At 25 March, 2008, Blogger Sarah B. Roberts said...

Broadway.com's motto: There's one born every minute.

I dislike almost everything about Broadway.com to begin with and this latest trick they pulled on you (and probably others) just adds to my disdain toward that site and their package schemes, poor pictures and subpar reviews and stories.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Technorati blog directory Blog Directory & Search engine
Visitor Map

Powered by FeedBurner