Sunday, February 03, 2008
Speaking of Young Frankenstein, whoddathunk that its most entertaining cast member, Christopher Fitzgerald, would have been the very same actor in that exceedingly clever Geico ad as its Cabbage Patch Kid star gone wrong.
Wonder if Fitzgerald was able to save on his car insurance? Or perhaps he doesn't need any given his New York City domicile.
Post Script: Fitzgerald's castmate and Tony-winning actor Shuler Hensley (a/k/a "The Monster) cameos in Geico's undercover piece on Jed Clampett.
This is Steve On Broadway (SOB).
Life is a stage. Act appropriately. - steve on broadway (sob)
SOB's Current Headlines
- "Mel Fought Me Tooth And Nail"
- Godspeed To A Visionary Broadway Legend
- Wisconsin Death Trip Comes Alive In Washington
- Seafarer Set To Sail Out Of Broadway Berth
- Jerry Springer Finally Plays Carnegie Hall
- Spamalot's Promosexual?
- The Seafarer (The SOB Review)
- Imitation Is The Sincerest Form...
- Twenty Year Old Phantom
- Did Critics Deem Little Sheba Worthy Of Come Back?...
The SOB Poll
Current Broadway Shows
Broadway's 2010-11 Theatrical Season
- Name: Steve On Broadway (SOB)
- Location: United States
As someone who has been involved in both politics and public relations, it's no wonder I love watching theatre. Good or bad, it's the raw energy of seeing a live performance that gets my adrenaline pumping. From the moment I saw my very first Broadway show ("Annie" in London in 1979), I was hooked. Now I see as many as 70 shows each year ranging from soaring musicals to two-hander plays. And these eyes just may be in an audience near you!
Subscribe to SOB
Follow SOB on Twitter
Follow SOB on Facebook
Real-Live Bloggers SOB Knows Personally
Other Blogs SOB Reads
One Blog Read That Can Positively Change Lives
SOB's Favorite Theatre Sites
- American Theatre Wing
- American Theatre Wing's Tony Awards
- Live Broadway
- Internet Broadway Database
- Broadway TV
- Broadway Across America
- Society of London Theatre's Laurence Olivier Awards
- London's What's On Stage
- London Theatre Guide
- New York Post Theater Blog
- New York Times Arts Beat Blog
- Theatre.com (London)
- Steppenwolf Theatre