Friday, August 31, 2007
Giving a new edge to method acting, this just in from Aspen's Hudson Reed Ensemble presentation of scenes from William Shakespeare's Julius Caesar.
After accidentally injuring himself, the company's namesake founder/actor/director reportedly excused himself saying, "I seem to have stabbed myself." Reed received stitches and the show will go on.
And all this time, I thought all prop knives were dull.
This is Steve On Broadway (SOB).
Life is a stage. Act appropriately. - steve on broadway (sob)
SOB's Current Headlines
- Is Little Mermaid Major Disney Misstep?
- High Anxiety Over What Follows Young Frankenstein?...
- 2009 To 5?
- A New Kid On The Blog
- Grease (The SOB Review)
- How To Get Out Grease
- Seattle Times: Young Frankenstein's Shtick Gets Ol...
- Updated: One Rocky Review For The Little Mermaid; ...
- TKTS BSCS
- A Tale Of Two Tryout Cities
The SOB Poll
Current Broadway Shows
Broadway's 2010-11 Theatrical Season
- Name: Steve On Broadway (SOB)
- Location: United States
As someone who has been involved in both politics and public relations, it's no wonder I love watching theatre. Good or bad, it's the raw energy of seeing a live performance that gets my adrenaline pumping. From the moment I saw my very first Broadway show ("Annie" in London in 1979), I was hooked. Now I see as many as 70 shows each year ranging from soaring musicals to two-hander plays. And these eyes just may be in an audience near you!
Subscribe to SOB
Follow SOB on Twitter
Follow SOB on Facebook
Real-Live Bloggers SOB Knows Personally
Other Blogs SOB Reads
One Blog Read That Can Positively Change Lives
SOB's Favorite Theatre Sites
- American Theatre Wing
- American Theatre Wing's Tony Awards
- Live Broadway
- Internet Broadway Database
- Broadway TV
- Broadway Across America
- Society of London Theatre's Laurence Olivier Awards
- London's What's On Stage
- London Theatre Guide
- New York Post Theater Blog
- New York Times Arts Beat Blog
- Theatre.com (London)
- Steppenwolf Theatre