Friday, September 10, 2010

Spider-Man Preview: Music Swerves All Over The Road

Spider-Man Preview: Music Swerves All Over The Road

The long-delayed Spider-Man: Turn Off The Dark enjoyed an early preview on this morning's "Good Morning America" on ABC as U2's Bono and The Edge joined director Julie Taymor in a lengthy interview.

The musicians discussed how they were initially brought to the work and said they'd do it if Taymor would direct. Taymor also showed visuals for the "pop-up" set design and costumes. And when asked whether the music would sound like U2, Bono said that the "music swerves all over the road."

After viewing the video, I'm much more intrigued. How about you?

Previews begin at Broadway's Foxwoods Theatre on November 14, and the show opens on December 21.

This is Steve On Broadway (SOB).


In keeping with the new Federal Trade Commission (FTC) regulations that unfairly discriminate against bloggers, who are now required by law to disclose when they have received anything of value they might write about, please note that I have received nothing of value in exchange for this post.

Labels: , , , , ,

2 Comments:

At 10 September, 2010, Blogger Esther said...

I was a little disappointed. I was hoping for more of a look inside the theatre. I thought Reeve Carney (Spider-Man) kind of slurred the lyrics to the song he sang and he didn't bowl me over with his presence onstage. But I realize you can't tell from one song taken out of context. I'm still interested, of course, because it's Julie Taymor and Bono. I was just hoping to be more wow'd.

 
At 10 September, 2010, Blogger Steve On Broadway (SOB) said...

Esther, Thanks for your comments. I have not even seen the footage of Reeve Carney's performance yet. My being intrigued was solely based on the interview that I posted above.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Technorati blog directory Blog Directory & Search engine
Visitor Map

Powered by FeedBurner