Wednesday, December 16, 2009

SOB's Favorite Shows Of The Noughties: #14 - The Beatles Love

SOB's Favorite Shows Of The Noughties: #14 - The Beatles Love (2007, Love Theatre, Mirage, Las Vegas, NV)

Introduction: Hard as it is to comprehend that we're already 119 months into this "new" millennium, we are fast approaching the end of its first decade. While we have yet to agree on what exactly we should call the '00s, I'll take a cue from the fine folks at The Times of London and the BBC and henceforth refer to them at the Noughties.

With that small introduction, I'm pleased to present my list of plays and musicals that wowed me the most during that time. Out of the hundreds and hundreds of shows I've seen over the last ten years, I give you my countdown of my 25 personal favorite shows of the Noughties.

What was there not to love about the excellent The Beatles Love? Talk about a mind-blowing, sensory overload event that more than effectively serves as the ultimate showcase for the catalogue of The Beatles.

Barely settling down long enough to let you catch your breath, the Fab Four's tunes are magically brought to life, incorporating the themes and emotions behind each one. I was entranced throughout the entire production, but renditions of "Rock And Roll Run," "Help" and "Revolution" certainly epitomize who these four lads from Liverpool were and what they came to represent.

This was by far the best Cirque du Soleil production I have yet to witness. It's in a class all by itself and serves as the best reason why I wouldn't mind returning to Vegas.

This is Steve On Broadway (SOB).

In keeping with the new Federal Trade Commission (FTC) regulations that unfairly discriminate against bloggers, who are now required by law to disclose when they have received anything of value they might write about, please note that I have received nothing of value in exchange for this post. I paid my own way for this performance.




Labels: , , , , ,

2 Comments:

At 16 December, 2009, Blogger Linda said...

My mother, brother, and I are Beatles fanatics. We drove to Las Vegas (from the LA area) to see the show and then drove back in the same night. It was so worth it. I can be a Beatles purist and I wasn't sure that I would like it, but I was blown away. After hearing those songs so many times, I finally got to hear them in a new way. I'm glad it made your list.

 
At 16 December, 2009, Blogger Steve On Broadway (SOB) said...

Linda, I'm not generally a hater, but I've often said that if I go back to Vegas, it's too soon. The Beatles Love actually made me rethink that. Like you, I can be a Beatles purist, but this captured the essence of who they were in such a mind-blowing way. Glad you enjoyed as much as I did!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Technorati blog directory Blog Directory & Search engine
Visitor Map

Powered by FeedBurner