Monday, November 30, 2009
Lyricist Fred Ebb once famously wrote about New York City, "If you can make it there, you'll make it anywhere."
A slightly different take may be that if you are parodied, then you've made it into the public consciousness.
If you look at it that way, it appears that Superior Donuts has made it, thanks to Southern Mothers' sweet send-up called "The Superior." The video takes a bite out of Tracy Letts, his soon-to-be-closing play and Broadway itself.
This is Steve On Broadway (SOB).
Life is a stage. Act appropriately. - steve on broadway (sob)
SOB's Current Headlines
- Leaving A Hole In My Heart
- Happy Thanksgiving!
- The Ups And Downs Of Broadway
- Fela! (The SOB Review) - Eugene O'Neill Theatre, N...
- Just One More Little Night Before Music
- And I'm Telling You I'm Going...
- In The Next Room or the vibrator play (The SOB Rev...
- Because "Great White Way" Shouldn't Be Taken Liter...
- Bringing Closure To Oleanna
- Superior Acting
The SOB Poll
Current Broadway Shows
Broadway's 2010-11 Theatrical Season
- Name: Steve On Broadway (SOB)
- Location: United States
As someone who has been involved in both politics and public relations, it's no wonder I love watching theatre. Good or bad, it's the raw energy of seeing a live performance that gets my adrenaline pumping. From the moment I saw my very first Broadway show ("Annie" in London in 1979), I was hooked. Now I see as many as 70 shows each year ranging from soaring musicals to two-hander plays. And these eyes just may be in an audience near you!
Subscribe to SOB
Follow SOB on Twitter
Follow SOB on Facebook
Real-Live Bloggers SOB Knows Personally
Other Blogs SOB Reads
One Blog Read That Can Positively Change Lives
SOB's Favorite Theatre Sites
- American Theatre Wing
- American Theatre Wing's Tony Awards
- Live Broadway
- Internet Broadway Database
- Broadway TV
- Broadway Across America
- Society of London Theatre's Laurence Olivier Awards
- London's What's On Stage
- London Theatre Guide
- New York Post Theater Blog
- New York Times Arts Beat Blog
- Theatre.com (London)
- Steppenwolf Theatre