Thursday, November 26, 2009

Happy Thanksgiving!

Happy Thanksgiving!

As we celebrate the proud American tradition that was first observed in 1621 when English settlers in Plymouth (in what is now Massachusetts) gave thanks for their harvest, I'd like to offer my Happy Thanksgiving greeting.

In looking back over the past year, which has been very disconcerting economically, to say the least, my sincere appreciation goes to my family and friends for your unconditional love. As I hope anyone who knows me personally appreciates, my loved ones mean the world to me. To those who have been impacted by this recession, please never lose sight of the fact that we'll never forget about you or leave you behind -- we'll continue trying to help you in any way we can.

I'm also using this Thanksgiving to harken back to what I stated in this space back in 2006:

I'm particularly grateful to live in a nation where freedom of speech enables us to share our points of view with each other. Thankfully, dissent is alive and well, and often finds its roots in the arts.

Theatre contributes tremendously to the national discourse, and whether we agree or disagree with its messages, we should cherish and never take for granted the critical role theatre traditionally plays in often shaping and leading the discussion.

Please accept my best wishes for a very Happy Thanksgiving!

This is Steve On Broadway (SOB).

Click here for Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade route information.

Labels: , , , , ,

1 Comments:

At 26 November, 2009, Blogger Esther said...

Happy Thanksgiving, SOB! I know firsthand how much your loved ones mean to you. Thank-you for bringing so much joy into my life. Of course you have my unconditional love and friendship. Always.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Technorati blog directory Blog Directory & Search engine
Visitor Map

Powered by FeedBurner