Thursday, November 27, 2008

Thanksgiving: La Vie En London

Thanksgiving: La Vie En London

Happy Thanksgiving!

Rather than turkey this Thanksgiving, I'm in London where I'll enjoy a Little Sparrow this evening.

But rather than consuming a meal of the diminutive bird, I'll be in the audience for Donmar Warehouse's limited West End transfer of Pam Gems' Piaf. While I was disappointed in "La Vie En Rose" -- the disjointed biopic on the life of the "Little Sparrow" Edith Piaf -- I have long been mesmerized by the late French icon's unique song stylings.

Making the Jamie Lloyd-helmed Piaf particularly attractive, apart from the West End Whingers' enthusiastic endorsment, is that the breathtaking little dynamo Elena Roger is portraying the singer. I had the great fortune and pleasure of seeing Roger in the recent West End revival of Evita. If she's even half as wonderful as she was as Eva Peron, I know I'll have a very magical night at the theatre.

And lest you think that I have completely forsaken a traditional Thanksgiving, rest assured that the Love Of My Life and I will be joining American friends Daniel and Donna from Kentucky and Mary Ann from California, albeit for a traditional English champagne tea this afternoon at Claridge's. We'll certainly be counting our blessings.

And as we do so, I'll also be giving thanks for the friendships of so many of you who are reading Steve On Broadway (SOB). Thank you for joining me here.

Happy Thanksgiving!

This is Steve On Broadway (SOB).

Labels: , , , , , , , , ,

2 Comments:

At 27 November, 2008, Blogger Esther said...

Happy Thanksgiving to you and the love of your life. I'm so thankful to have both of you as friends. And champagne tea sounds wonderful! Enjoy your evening with Elena Roger. I remember how much you enjoyed her in Evita. Hopefully she'll come to this side of the pond to perform someday.

 
At 30 November, 2008, Blogger Dale said...

I hope you had a wonderful time and gave thanks for every wonderful moment! Vive S.O.B.!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Technorati blog directory Blog Directory & Search engine
Visitor Map

Powered by FeedBurner