Thursday, September 18, 2008

A Tale Of One Opening Night

A Tale Of One Opening Night

This evening, the very first Broadway musical version ever of Charles Dickens' classic 1859 historical novel opens. Helmed by Warren Carlyle, A Tale Of Two Cities comes to life as a tuner with a book and score by Jill Santoriello.

The cast includes James Barbour as Sydney Carton and Aaron Lazar as Charles Darnay, along with
Broadway stalwart Gregg Edelman as Dr. Alexandre Manette and one of my favorite touring musical actresses, Natalie Toro as Madame Therese Defarge.

Will critics find the best in this show? Find out tomorrow as I provide my critics' capsule of the reviews for A Tale of Two Cities.

This is Steve On Broadway (SOB).

Labels: , , , , , , , , ,

2 Comments:

At 18 September, 2008, Blogger Sarah B. Roberts said...

I saw it last night although I haven't had a chance to blog it (LEHMAN BROS!)...let's just say, I'm glad I had a free ticket and I involuntarily laughed at the most inappropriate moments.

 
At 23 September, 2008, Blogger Steve On Broadway (SOB) said...

That's not a good sign....

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Technorati blog directory Blog Directory & Search engine
Visitor Map

Powered by FeedBurner