Thursday, August 14, 2008
Yesterday, I saluted ABBA and the team behind the movie soundtrack for "Mamma Mia!" on its ascension to the top of Billboard's Album Chart.
But today, I just have to say, the CD that I can't stop listening to is the original cast recording for Passing Strange. The sheer artistry, humor and intelligence on each and every track has me a bit depressed that it never attracted the audience it deserved. But thankfully, Stew and Heidi Rodewald is now available for the ages.
I just dare you to listen to it and not be similarly amazed.
This is Steve On Broadway (SOB).
Life is a stage. Act appropriately. - steve on broadway (sob)
SOB's Current Headlines
- The Hits From Coast To Coast (And Sweden And Greec...
- Under The Weather
- Off-Broadway Preview In 50 Words
- August: Osage County - Coming To A Movie Theatre N...
- Going Home
- Broadway Preview: White Christmas
- Wishing Morgan Freeman The Best
- Broadway Preview: American Buffalo
- Hay Carumba! Mamma Mia! Is Fun!
- Theatre Under The Stars
The SOB Poll
Current Broadway Shows
Broadway's 2010-11 Theatrical Season
- Name: Steve On Broadway (SOB)
- Location: United States
As someone who has been involved in both politics and public relations, it's no wonder I love watching theatre. Good or bad, it's the raw energy of seeing a live performance that gets my adrenaline pumping. From the moment I saw my very first Broadway show ("Annie" in London in 1979), I was hooked. Now I see as many as 70 shows each year ranging from soaring musicals to two-hander plays. And these eyes just may be in an audience near you!
Subscribe to SOB
Follow SOB on Twitter
Follow SOB on Facebook
Real-Live Bloggers SOB Knows Personally
Other Blogs SOB Reads
One Blog Read That Can Positively Change Lives
SOB's Favorite Theatre Sites
- American Theatre Wing
- American Theatre Wing's Tony Awards
- Live Broadway
- Internet Broadway Database
- Broadway TV
- Broadway Across America
- Society of London Theatre's Laurence Olivier Awards
- London's What's On Stage
- London Theatre Guide
- New York Post Theater Blog
- New York Times Arts Beat Blog
- Theatre.com (London)
- Steppenwolf Theatre