Thursday, March 13, 2008

Blonde Not Quite Ready To Jump Shark

Blonde Not Quite Ready To Jump Shark

Imagine my surprise when one of my dear, regular readers sent me the following from Us Magazine:

A source says Britney Spears’ ex, 30, may be heading to NYC in September to make his Broadway debut in Legally Blonde, the Tony-nominated musical adaptation of the hit film, Us Weekly reports in its latest issue, on newsstands now.

“He’s so excited!” a Federline source tells Us.

The former backup dancer and aspiring hip-hop artist — who is hitting the gym after packing on “daddy weight,” ex Shar Jackson says — will test his song-and-dance chops in a trio of roles — including the UPS guy who inspires the “bend and snap.”

“This is his chance to show the world what he can do,” says a pal.

And now that he has physical custody, sons Sean, 2, and Jayden, 18 months, might join him in the Big Apple.

“This is his dream and he wants to bring the kids,” says the insider. “Jamie and Lynne [Spears] promised to help him make it work.”

(A rep for the show says he is not scheduled “as of this time.”)

Federline may not be the only star hitting Broadway: New mom Nicole Richie has been approached to star in Chicago.
Then, imagine my even bigger surprise when reading Chris Caggiano's post yesterday at Everything I Know I Learned From Musicals:

Another sign of the impending apocalypse: US magazine reports that Kevin Federline may be joining the cast of Broadway's Legally Blonde. Presumably as Warner, the part originated by Richard Blake? Or perhaps as the UPS guy that Paulette falls for? Or maybe even the "Is he gay or European?" dude at the trial? Certainly not as Emmet, the good guy who gets the girl, a part originated by the talented Christian Borle?
My surprise wasn't necessarily that Legally Blonde would actually jump the shark with stunt casting. No. It was that either of these fine people would read Us Magazine!

So I clicked onto Us this morning to see what's up. And guess what? Kevin Federline will not be appearing in Legally Blonde. Or at least, so they say now.

Impending apocalypse avoided? Well, not if the Us rumor on Nicole Richie going Chicago proves true. But let's just say, I'll believe it when I read it somewhere else.

This is Steve On Broadway (SOB).

Labels: , , , , , , , , , ,

7 Comments:

At 13 March, 2008, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Now, hold on just one cotton-picking minute, Mr. SOB. I want to make it painfully clear that I do NOT read US magazine. I got that info from TheaterMania.

Now, if you dont mind, I'd like to return to reading my first edition of The Brothers Karamazov. In the original Russian, thank you very much.

 
At 13 March, 2008, Blogger Steve On Broadway (SOB) said...

Chris, O пожалуйста!

Seriously, please accept my humblest apologies! I guess if I had clicked onto the link you had for K. Fed, I'd have seen a Broadwayworld.com link.

 
At 13 March, 2008, Blogger Aaron Riccio said...

All I can say is . . . what the heck is "daddy weight"?

 
At 13 March, 2008, Blogger Steve On Broadway (SOB) said...

Aaron, I believe that's the "mercy" weight new daddies pack on while their mommies are preggers.

 
At 13 March, 2008, Blogger Esther said...

When I'm in public I always tuck US magazine inside my copy of Bulletin of the Atomic Scientists. Or is it the other way around?

 
At 13 March, 2008, Blogger Steve On Broadway (SOB) said...

Esther, That just sounds like B.(a)S.

 
At 13 March, 2008, Blogger Esther said...

Very clever Steve. I fell right into that one. Thud! ;-)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Technorati blog directory Blog Directory & Search engine
Visitor Map

Powered by FeedBurner