Wednesday, March 12, 2008

Amy Adams And The "Cadillac Of Dinner Theatres"

Amy Adams And The "Cadillac Of Dinner Theatres"

Thanks to a renewed subscription to Entertain-ment Weekly, I learned that the enchanting Amy Adams was recently on "The Late Show with David Letterman."

During Adams' appearance, Letterman asked her how she got her start. She replied, in part:
I worked at a place called Chanhassen (Dinner Theatres)...which is like the Cadillac of dinner theatres. And I've workd in the Pinto of dinner theatres, so I know.
Those Pintos must really be awful. I've been to that so-called Cadillac a couple times, and let me just say it's sorely in need of a tune-up, oil change, realignment and perhaps even a new chassis. Incidentally, it's also the same theatre where Laura Osnes -- the "You're The One That I Want" star of Broadway's current revival of Grease -- originally portrayed Sandy.

At least the talent is decent.

This is Steve On Broadway (SOB).

Labels: , , , , , , ,

4 Comments:

At 12 March, 2008, Blogger Sarah B. Roberts said...

Amy Adams just might be the most refreshing actress to come along in a long, long while. She's got old-fashioned qualities and that is a very good thing. We saw "Miss Pedigrew Lives for a Day" on Sunday and I was quite entertained by it to say the least.

 
At 12 March, 2008, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Steve,

Dinner theatres across the land are run-down and decrepeit. I guess everything's relative.

 
At 12 March, 2008, Blogger Esther said...

I loved Amy Adams in "Junebug." That was the first time I'd ever heard of her, and she was terrific. Did you see her on SNL?

I let my Entertainment Weekly subscription lapse a couple years ago. It just seemed to be getting thinner and thinner. But maybe it's time to try it again.

I have to admit, I've never been to a dinner theater!

 
At 12 March, 2008, Blogger Steve On Broadway (SOB) said...

Sarah and Esther, I loved "Enchanted," which was really my first introduction to Amy Adams.

BB: I would hate to see how bad the other dinner theatres are. I've only been to one other one besides the Chanhassen and that was the Lazy Susan in Northern Virginia. I'm quite sure it no longer exists, which is probably a good thing.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Technorati blog directory Blog Directory & Search engine
Visitor Map

Powered by FeedBurner