Saturday, August 04, 2007

Is Mel Worth It?

Is Mel Worth It?

Regular readers already know how I feel about the outrageously priced top tickets for the upcoming Broadway adaptation of Mel Brooks' Young Frankenstein.

But given Michael Riedel's latest New York Post column, it's no wonder why they're so high when the great comedy maestro is set to earn big bucks with or without the yucks.

Is Brooks' genius worth it? I'll be curious to know what you think.

I'll give you my humble opinion soon enough as I get set to journey to Seattle for the out-of-town tryout shortly.

This is Steve On Broadway (SOB).

Click here for Young Frankenstein tickets (Seattle).
Click here for Young Frankenstein tickets (Broadway).
Related Stories:
Thanks, Mel! (July 6, 2007)
What Motivates You To See A Broadway Show? (July 5, 2007)
That's Franken$$$$$TEIN! (June 29, 2007)
Cloris To Mel: Put Up Your Dukes! (June 13, 2007)
Pirate Queen Set To Abdicate Hilton Throne (June 6, 2007)
Billion Dollar Broadway Baby? Almost. (May 30, 2007)
Mel Brooks: "It Looks Like The Hilton Theatre" (May 25, 2007)
End Of Plank For Pirate Queen? (May 18, 2007)
It's Official: Mullally Cast In Young Frankenstein (March 9, 2007)
The Hits From Coast To Coast (March 8, 2007)
Whither Goeth Chenoweth? (February 27, 2007)
Producers Out, Young Frankenstein In (February 22, 2007)
M-G-M: Movies-Going-Musical (January 3, 2007)
Young Frankenstein Workshop To Feature Monster Casting (October 11, 2006)

Labels: , , , , , ,

1 Comments:

At 05 August, 2007, Blogger Mondschein said...

I have my own reservations, but I've already gotten my (nose-bleed altitude) balcony seats for my brother and myself. This will be his second Broadway outing, ever (his first being a preview performance of "Jersey Boys") so the bar is kinda high.

With YF, I will be interested to see just who the directorial talent was behind "The Producers" since the late Mr. Ockrent was succeeded by Miss Stroman.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Technorati blog directory Blog Directory & Search engine
Visitor Map

Powered by FeedBurner