Thursday, July 05, 2007

SOB: Scammers Off-Broadway, Or Out Of Africa

SOB: Scammers Off-Broadway, Or Out Of Africa

A week ago, I was more than a little perturbed and put off when someone posted an entire news release as a "comment" on one of my stories. Naturally, the news release had absolutely nothing to do whatsoever with the story. However, the individual later apologized, saying she could not find my e-mail address to send the item directly to me.

With that, I decided to place my contact information directly on the front page of this site. HUGE mistake.


Ever since, I've been on an unrelenting roller-coaster ride with real SOBs: spammers, scammers and swindlers from such places as Burkina Faso, Congo, Côte D'Ivoire and Sierra Leone -- all in Africa.

While I realize that according to P.T. Barnum that "a sucker is born every minute," I wish to inform Dr. Aka Henrere, Water and Rose Dorman, Dr. Phillip Brown, Dr. Samou Songo, Abdu Yola, Adamu Danladiadi, Rita Kabila, Kevin Sanduru, Moses Dans, Dr. Abdel Aymanevin and Pedro Dumba, among many others, that I am not one of them.

From here on out, I will publish names of all offending parties here if you abuse my e-mail address, which as of today, is once again being deleted from the homepage.

This is Steve On Broadway (SOB).

Labels: , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Technorati blog directory Blog Directory & Search engine
Visitor Map

Powered by FeedBurner