Tuesday, July 03, 2007
Yes, I'm almost certain that Barbara Hoffman and her headline writers at the New York Post did not see my headline about Grey Gardens closing yesterday. I'm just venturing a guess.
But to quote Jeffrey Cufaude, who commented on my post regarding entrance applause, "Could be but we don't really know that do we."
It's fun just to speculate that they may have.
This is Steve On Broadway (SOB).
Grey Gardens Fades To Black Later This Month (July 2, 2007)
From Now On, I'll Just Sit On My Hands (July 1, 2007)
Life is a stage. Act appropriately. - steve on broadway (sob)
SOB's Current Headlines
- Grey Gardens Fades To Black Later This Month
- From Now On, I'll Just Sit On My Hands
- That's Franken$$$$$TEIN!
- London: The Show Must Go On
- Critics: Should Old Acquaintance Be Forgot?
- Talk To The Hands: Jennifers Edition
- Spike Lee: Not Doing "The Old Okey-Doke Thing"
- From Manhattan To Mauritius
- Old Acquaintance Opens Tonight
- "Sands In The Clouds," Or Why I Love Harriet Harri...
The SOB Poll
Current Broadway Shows
Broadway's 2010-11 Theatrical Season
- Name: Steve On Broadway (SOB)
- Location: United States
As someone who has been involved in both politics and public relations, it's no wonder I love watching theatre. Good or bad, it's the raw energy of seeing a live performance that gets my adrenaline pumping. From the moment I saw my very first Broadway show ("Annie" in London in 1979), I was hooked. Now I see as many as 70 shows each year ranging from soaring musicals to two-hander plays. And these eyes just may be in an audience near you!
Subscribe to SOB
Follow SOB on Twitter
Follow SOB on Facebook
Real-Live Bloggers SOB Knows Personally
Other Blogs SOB Reads
One Blog Read That Can Positively Change Lives
SOB's Favorite Theatre Sites
- American Theatre Wing
- American Theatre Wing's Tony Awards
- Live Broadway
- Internet Broadway Database
- Broadway TV
- Broadway Across America
- Society of London Theatre's Laurence Olivier Awards
- London's What's On Stage
- London Theatre Guide
- New York Post Theater Blog
- New York Times Arts Beat Blog
- Theatre.com (London)
- Steppenwolf Theatre