Friday, February 23, 2007

These Eyes Just May Be In An Audience Near You!

These Eyes Just May Be In An Audience Near You!

UPDATED: 9.9.10

If you've ever clicked onto my profile, you'll certainly have read that "These eyes just may be in an audience near you!"

Over the nearly one year that I've been writing Steve On Broadway (SOB), my travels have taken me far and wide. These eyes have had the great fortune to see and enjoy so much. You see, just as I'm passionate about theatre, I'm even more so about travel. It's my way of gaining a greater appreciation of the world, its cultures, its people and my tiny spec of a dot within it.

Plus, I'll go just about anywhere to experience great theatre!

Fortunately, my day job over the past fourteen years or so has been firmly rooted within the travel industry, allowing me to stretch my travel dollar to the max and see the world.

So, with humblest apologies to Michael Baker at The Lunar Gemini for copying his lead, I'm presenting my own personal travel maps to show where I've been.

First is the United States (yes, I've been to all 50 states as of November, 1986 -- Arkansas was my last state):



Next up, here's my map of Canada (I still plan to get to Saskatchewan and Newfoundland sometime):



Just to show I'm not too provincial, my map of Europe is next. It probably goes without saying that one can't be a serious traveler or theatregoer without making at least one trip to Europe. Here's where I've been:




So what's my world view? Here you go:


With lots more travel planned both professionally and personally over the upcoming year, I'm looking forward to setting those eyes of mine upon many stages, both of the theatre and of life itself. A Journey's End for me? Never!

This is Steve On Broadway (SOB).

Click here to learn how to make your own personalized map!

Labels: , ,

8 Comments:

At 23 February, 2007, Blogger Mike said...

Wow! I'm jealous!

 
At 23 February, 2007, Blogger Steve On Broadway (SOB) said...

If it's any consolation, most of the world travel has been since turning 30. You see, there is life after 30!

 
At 23 February, 2007, Blogger Erica said...

That's an impressive amount of travel. Hope you get to spend some time at home.

 
At 23 February, 2007, Blogger Steve On Broadway (SOB) said...

Erica, I guess I just love living life to the fullest. And now when I'm lookig for something to do around 8 pm, I'm usually sitting in a theatre.

As for home, there's no place like it!

 
At 24 February, 2007, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Love the eyes!

And I'm jealous, too! I know some people like to go lie on a beach somewhere for a couple of weeks, but my skin can't handle it, and I'd be bored silly. I'd much rather be out walking around, having interesting experiences.

The amazing thing is, you've done so mch more traveling than I have, yet I've been someplace you've never been. But I'm sure I won't have that distinction forever!

And I'm hanging my head in shame right now that I've never been to Maine or Vermont. ;-)

 
At 24 February, 2007, Blogger Steve On Broadway (SOB) said...

I'm not a beach person. I used to be but now get infinitely bored by just sitting there (although I did enjoy going to the Indian Ocean on Christmas Day just outside of Perth).

My favorite cities on earth:
Sydney
Hong Kong
Cape Town
Vancouver
San Francisco

My favorite big cities for culture:
New York
London
Berlin
Paris
Buenos Aires
Shanghai
Kathmandu

My favorite historic cities:
Dubrovnik
Prague
Salzburg
Rome
Florence
Edinburgh
Agra

My favorite place on earth:
Alaska
Kenya


But I do love Maine and Vermont. Both have such rustic, New England charm!

 
At 24 February, 2007, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks for the list!

You must have had some pretty amazing adventures. I wouldn't have connected Kathmandu and culture. I would have thought of it more in connection with great physical beauty and history.

I've only been to one of your favorite cities on earth - San Francisco, and it's one of my favorites, too. Great museums, interesting neighborhoods. And I could ride the cable cars all day. I'm such a tourist!

I love Florence and Edinburgh, too. I'd just add Venice as one of the most beautiful places I've ever seen. It's like a dream. The Yorkshire dales and the Scottish highlands are also breathtaking.

My other top destinations would be:
Boston, because I went to college there.

Washington, D.C., because I have great friends there and I just love walking around, going to the Smithsonian. Great friends and great sights, you can't beat the combination!

London, because I'm an Anglophile and it's the first foreign place I ever visited and there's so much history and culture and pomp.

Tel Aviv, because I lived there for a year, and that's when you really get to love a place, warts and all! And as you know, that's where I had my most unique theater experience, seeing Fiddler on the Roof, for the first time, and in Hebrew!

 
At 26 February, 2007, Blogger Steve On Broadway (SOB) said...

Esther, I love DC -- a place I called home for many years. Thanks for reminding me of it. Also, it's a terrific place to see live theatre: the Arena Stage, Signature Theatre and Studio Theatre, to name a few (aside from the more well-known Kennedy Center, Warner Theatre and National Theatre).

Someday, I hope to make it to places in the Middle East like Israel and Jordan. Let's never give up on peace for the area!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Technorati blog directory Blog Directory & Search engine
Visitor Map

Powered by FeedBurner