Wednesday, August 16, 2006

Making a Name for Itself: [title of show] Extends


Making a Name for Itself: [title of show] Extends

I have a confession to make. It appears that I've completely neglected to mention one of Off-Broadway's most talked-about musicals in years: [title of show]. The little tuner about the creation of a musical for a theatre festival has been extended through October 1 at the Vineyard Theatre.

The musical, written by and starring Hunter Bell and Jeff Bowen, has come highly recommended to me by several friends and acquaintances who have seen it. Rarely have I seen such a confluence of opinion shared by friends and critics alike -- even The New York Times' Charles Isherwood recommends it, saying, "...[M]ay I have your attention, please, devoted aficionados of musical theater? Have I got a show for you!...What may sound arch or silly in theory is surprisingly charming onstage, thanks to the cockeyed humor of the writing and the pretense-free performances."

Now, with the new extension of three weeks, maybe, just maybe, I'll be able to witness first-hand why this show is making such a name for itself around the Big Apple.

This is Steve On Broadway (SOB).

Click here for tickets.

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Technorati blog directory Blog Directory & Search engine
Visitor Map

Powered by FeedBurner