Sunday, June 04, 2006

The Tonys: If I Could Vote....for Best Revival of a Musical


The Tonys: If I Could Vote....for Best Revival of a Musical


As much as the American Theatre Wing would hope we'd believe this was a three show race, let's face it -- The Threepenny Opera is hardly a contender. And while I think it's wonderful that through The Pajama Game, Harry Connick, Jr. is finally on Broadway (and I've adored since first catching his co-star Kelli O'Hara in such musical fare as Sweet Smell of Success and then in The Light In The Piazza), this is the year for actress Patti LuPone, director John Doyle, orchestrator Sarah Travis and their spirited, inspired revival of Stephen Sondheim's masterful Sweeney Todd.

Not only would it have garnered my vote, but I'm looking forward to at least four Tonys, including Best Revival of a Musical, going to this wonderful production.

This is Steve On Broadway (SOB).

Click here for Sweeney Todd tickets.

Click here for The Pajama Game tickets.

Click here for The Threepenny Opera tickets.

Click here for Tony Awards tickets.

Related Stories:

The Tonys: If I Could Vote....for Best Revival of a Play (June 5, 2006)

The Tonys: If I Could Vote....for Best Play (June 3, 2006)

The Tonys: If I Could Vote...for Best Musical (May 31, 2006)

Tony Award Nominations Announced (May 16, 2006)

SOB's Best of 2005-06: #10 - Sweeney Todd, The Demon Barber of Fleet Street (Eugene O'Neill Theatre, New York, NY) (May 15, 2006)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Technorati blog directory Blog Directory & Search engine
Visitor Map

Powered by FeedBurner