Wednesday, May 03, 2006
Martin McDonagh's The Lieutenant of Inishmore Completes Broadway Transfer
One of Off-Broadway's most heralded plays of the season -- The Lieutenant of Inishmore -- makes its official Broadway debut this evening. The Olivier-Award winning effort by playwright Martin McDonagh could easily give The History Boys and Well major competition in Tony's Best Play category. Billed as a black comedy of Irish paramilitaries, much of the original West End cast from London remains intact. No doubt, critics will display as much affection for this ensemble piece much as they did when it first landed at Atlantic Theatre Company.
This is Steve On Broadway (SOB).
Click here for tickets.
Life is a stage. Act appropriately. - steve on broadway (sob)
SOB's Current Headlines
- Mixed Reviews Tire The Drowsy Chaperone
- Will The Drowsy Chaperone Wake Critics?
- Hot Feet Get Cold Shoulder
- Broadway Season Nears Finale
- Encore: Spotlight Week Ending April 30
- Critics Not Completely Engaged by The Wedding Sing...
- The Wedding Singer's Secret Weapon: Kevin Cahoon?
- The Wedding Singer Opens on Broadway Tonight
- Jan Maxwell Exits Entertaining Mr. Sloane
- A Chorus Line's Casting Announced
The SOB Poll
Current Broadway Shows
Broadway's 2010-11 Theatrical Season
- Name: Steve On Broadway (SOB)
- Location: United States
As someone who has been involved in both politics and public relations, it's no wonder I love watching theatre. Good or bad, it's the raw energy of seeing a live performance that gets my adrenaline pumping. From the moment I saw my very first Broadway show ("Annie" in London in 1979), I was hooked. Now I see as many as 70 shows each year ranging from soaring musicals to two-hander plays. And these eyes just may be in an audience near you!
Subscribe to SOB
Follow SOB on Twitter
Follow SOB on Facebook
Real-Live Bloggers SOB Knows Personally
Other Blogs SOB Reads
One Blog Read That Can Positively Change Lives
SOB's Favorite Theatre Sites
- American Theatre Wing
- American Theatre Wing's Tony Awards
- Live Broadway
- Internet Broadway Database
- Broadway TV
- Broadway Across America
- Society of London Theatre's Laurence Olivier Awards
- London's What's On Stage
- London Theatre Guide
- New York Post Theater Blog
- New York Times Arts Beat Blog
- Theatre.com (London)
- Steppenwolf Theatre