Thursday, April 27, 2006

The Wedding Singer's Secret Weapon: Kevin Cahoon?


The Wedding Singer's Secret Weapon: Kevin Cahoon?

While The Wedding Singer is ostensibly a love story between the characters played by Stephen Lynch and Laura Benanti, I'm hoping that this might be actor Kevin Cahoon's breakthrough role in which he portrays George (the one in the middle of the photo) -- a cross somewhere between Boy George and Dead or Alive's lead singer Pete Burns.

I first caught Cahoon in The Rocky Horror Show revival back in 2001 portraying Frank 'N' Furter when Tom Hewitt was out, and the guy turned in a tour de force performance as if it was his from the start. This was one understudy I didn't mind seeing. Then I had the pleasure of seeing him again Off-Broadway with Matthew Broderick in a revival of The Foreigner -- Cahoon practically stole the show.

Last time I saw Cahoon was off-stage during an intermission at a performance of The Light In The Piazza. I couldn't resist telling him that I was a huge fan. Unfortunately, when he asked if I'd be coming to see his then current show -- Chitty Chitty Bang Bang -- I sheepishly responded that seeing the London version of the musical a couple years earlier had been enough for me.

Mr. Cahoon, you can bet I already have my ticket for The Wedding Singer. Nothing would make me prouder than to see you -- and the show -- become a rousing smash.

This is Steve On Broadway (SOB).

Click here for The Wedding Singer tickets.
Click here for more on Kevin Cahoon.

Labels: , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Technorati blog directory Blog Directory & Search engine
Visitor Map

Powered by FeedBurner