Saturday, May 30, 2009
Thursday's issue of The New York Times has an excellent article from Robin Pogrebin that should be required reading for all parents wishing to take their children to a Broadway show, along with the pre-show conversations worth having with them.
It also helps to know how young is too young, as Gratuitous Violins has recently pointed out quite eloquently. Parents need to remember that other audience members have paid to see the same performance that their own squealers may be ruining.
This is Steve On Broadway (SOB).
Life is a stage. Act appropriately. - steve on broadway (sob)
SOB's Current Headlines
- 38 Down, One To Go (Plus One)
- Exit The King (The SOB Review)
- August In Australia
- Rock Of Ages (The SOB Review)
- Blithe Spirit (The SOB Review)
- My Second Look At Playbills
- Caroline, Or Change (The SOB Review)
- August Turns The Page On Color-Blind Casting
- Never Mind!
- The Intelligent Homosexual's Guide To Capitalism A...
The SOB Poll
Current Broadway Shows
Broadway's 2010-11 Theatrical Season
- Name: Steve On Broadway (SOB)
- Location: United States
As someone who has been involved in both politics and public relations, it's no wonder I love watching theatre. Good or bad, it's the raw energy of seeing a live performance that gets my adrenaline pumping. From the moment I saw my very first Broadway show ("Annie" in London in 1979), I was hooked. Now I see as many as 70 shows each year ranging from soaring musicals to two-hander plays. And these eyes just may be in an audience near you!
Subscribe to SOB
Follow SOB on Twitter
Follow SOB on Facebook
Real-Live Bloggers SOB Knows Personally
Other Blogs SOB Reads
One Blog Read That Can Positively Change Lives
SOB's Favorite Theatre Sites
- American Theatre Wing
- American Theatre Wing's Tony Awards
- Live Broadway
- Internet Broadway Database
- Broadway TV
- Broadway Across America
- Society of London Theatre's Laurence Olivier Awards
- London's What's On Stage
- London Theatre Guide
- New York Post Theater Blog
- New York Times Arts Beat Blog
- Theatre.com (London)
- Steppenwolf Theatre