Monday, January 12, 2009

SNL Gives Its Regards To Broadway

SNL Gives Its Regards To Broadway

Evidently, while this hilarious little summit to save Broadway was taking place at the mock Sardi's, I was down 44th Street at Angus McIndoe, still coming down from the second-to-last performance of Gypsy.


Video Recaps Full Episodes Webisodes

Here, the Phantom is played with relish by "Saturday Night Live" regular Jason Sudeikis, who happens to be the scion of my longtime friends Kathy and Dan from Kansas City. To say they're proud of their talented son would be an enormous understatement. I can't help but wonder if Jason will ever consider following his real-life uncle onto Broadway's boards.

This is Steve On Broadway (SOB).

Labels: , ,

5 Comments:

At 12 January, 2009, Blogger Chris Van Patten said...

Jason Sudeikis (and Kristen Wiig) is the only thing keeping SNL funny. Very cool that you have a connection!

 
At 12 January, 2009, Blogger Steve On Broadway (SOB) said...

Chris, I'm a huge fan of Ms. Wiig. She's so incredibly funny, isn't she?!

 
At 12 January, 2009, Blogger Dale said...

I enjoyed the sketch and Neil Patrick Harris was fun to watch (I saw him twice in Cabaret in NYC and loved both times).

I generally PVR SNL now since there's often so much unfunny stuff on it. I always stop for Wiig though and enjoyed her cameo recently in Ghost Town. Jason is always fun to watch too.

 
At 12 January, 2009, Blogger Steve On Broadway (SOB) said...

Dale, I enjoyed "Ghost Town," not only because I love Ricky Gervais' humor, but because there were so many Broadway actor cameos in it, as well (from Brian D'Arcy James to Aaron Tveit to Sebastian Lacause to Brad Oscar, as well as Dana Ivey).

 
At 19 January, 2009, Blogger Steve On Broadway (SOB) said...

P.S. I apologize to readers from venues outside the U.S. Apparently, NBC doesn't allow this to be seen in some places, including Canada.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Technorati blog directory Blog Directory & Search engine
Visitor Map

Powered by FeedBurner