Tuesday, January 06, 2009
Hearing Eric Clapton's 1977 tune "Lay Down Sally" on my way to work this morning brought a huge smile to my face. I realized it was the first time I had actually heard it in full since seeing Tracy Letts' August: Osage County.
Given that the first track from the same landmark Clapton album "Slowhand" is "Cocaine," I had a sudden epiphany this morning for why Violet Weston might have such an affinity for his work.
This is Steve On Broadway (SOB).
Life is a stage. Act appropriately. - steve on broadway (sob)
SOB's Current Headlines
- Does This Make Me Look Fat?
- Going, Going, Going, Going, Going, Going, Going, G...
- Get Ready For Carnage On Broadway
- Happy New Year!
- SOB's 8 Singular Sensations Of '08
- Hairspray (The SOB Revisit)
- Frost/Nixon Better On Silver Screen
- RIP Eartha Kitt (1927 - 2008)
- RIP Harold Pinter (1930 - 2008)
- Merry Christmas From Iowa
The SOB Poll
Current Broadway Shows
Broadway's 2010-11 Theatrical Season
- Name: Steve On Broadway (SOB)
- Location: United States
As someone who has been involved in both politics and public relations, it's no wonder I love watching theatre. Good or bad, it's the raw energy of seeing a live performance that gets my adrenaline pumping. From the moment I saw my very first Broadway show ("Annie" in London in 1979), I was hooked. Now I see as many as 70 shows each year ranging from soaring musicals to two-hander plays. And these eyes just may be in an audience near you!
Subscribe to SOB
Follow SOB on Twitter
Follow SOB on Facebook
Real-Live Bloggers SOB Knows Personally
Other Blogs SOB Reads
One Blog Read That Can Positively Change Lives
SOB's Favorite Theatre Sites
- American Theatre Wing
- American Theatre Wing's Tony Awards
- Live Broadway
- Internet Broadway Database
- Broadway TV
- Broadway Across America
- Society of London Theatre's Laurence Olivier Awards
- London's What's On Stage
- London Theatre Guide
- New York Post Theater Blog
- New York Times Arts Beat Blog
- Theatre.com (London)
- Steppenwolf Theatre