Tuesday, January 06, 2009

Lay Down Sally

Lay Down Sally

Hearing Eric Clapton's 1977 tune "Lay Down Sally" on my way to work this morning brought a huge smile to my face. I realized it was the first time I had actually heard it in full since seeing Tracy Letts' August: Osage County.

Given that the first track from the same landmark Clapton album "Slowhand" is "Cocaine," I had a sudden epiphany this morning for why Violet Weston might have such an affinity for his work.

This is Steve On Broadway (SOB).

Labels: , , , , ,

6 Comments:

At 06 January, 2009, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Speaking of addictions, I think we may need to stage an August: Osage County intervention with you, my friend.

;-)

--cc

 
At 06 January, 2009, Blogger Kevin Daly said...

You know, that popped up on the satellite radio twice yesterday at Barnes and Noble and had immediate flashbacks.

 
At 06 January, 2009, Blogger Steve On Broadway (SOB) said...

Chris, I can't control what they play on the radio.

 
At 06 January, 2009, Blogger Steve On Broadway (SOB) said...

...But given that I'm thinking of seeing the show again...

 
At 06 January, 2009, Blogger Kevin Daly said...

Steve, I'll be your enabler. Let's go!! :-D

 
At 06 January, 2009, Blogger Sarah B. Roberts said...

It's good but it's not like t's SWEENEY TODD (or even Wicked for you) for cyrin' out loud. ;)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Technorati blog directory Blog Directory & Search engine
Visitor Map

Powered by FeedBurner