Thursday, January 22, 2009

On The Menu Tonight: Greenberg's American Plan Opens

On The Menu Tonight: Greenberg's American Plan Opens

Tonight, the Manhattan Theatre Club (MTC) revival of its 1990 Off-Broadway play The American Plan has its opening night at the Samuel J. Friedman Theatre, MTC's Broadway venue.

The American Plan was written by Tony-winning playwright Richard Greenberg, who is also represented on Broadway this season via the revised book in the Roundabout Theatre Company production of Pal Joey. Tony-winning director David Grindley helms this revival starring Mercedes Ruehl, Lily Rabe and Kieran Campion, along with Austin Lysy and Brenda Pressley.

As I noted last July, I am a fan of Greenberg's work. As such, I am looking forward to seeing this production in part because of his longtime collaboration with MTC, which has produced eight of his works, but also because I'm looking forward to seeing Ruehl and Rabe perform.

While I won't be taking in the production until February, I'll provide my critics' capsule tomorrow.

This is Steve On Broadway (SOB).

Labels: , , , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Technorati blog directory Blog Directory & Search engine
Visitor Map

Powered by FeedBurner