Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Broadway Preview: [title of show]

Broadway Preview: [title of show]

OK, all you [tos]sers!

I know there's plenty of you out there who are every bit as anxious as I am to see how well [title of show] translates to the Broadway stage, the very place this littlest of little shows has always aspired to be.

This July 5, many theatre lovers' favorite show (as opposed to their ninth favorite show) will finally begin previews for its Great White Way run at the cozy Lyceum Theatre. The tuner is set to open there July 17.

Helmed by Michael Berresse, [title of show] chronicles every conceivable thought (including this one? yes, including this one) that goes into putting on this very show. Co-creators Hunter Bell and Jeff Bowen will once again reprise their roles as Hunter and Jeff, respectively, and will once again be joined with their Off-Broadway castmates Heidi Blickenstaff (as Heidi) and the handsome Susan Blackwell (as Susan).

No doubt, if you don't count the lack of scenery, there will be much more to this gem of a show than what I saw back in September of 2006, which was immediately before its celebrated run at New York's Vineyard Theatre came to an end. That's because this is a musical that builds and builds, quite literally with each charted step it takes toward potential Tony recognition.

And that, my friends, is a show worth looking forward to.

This is Steve On Broadway (SOB).

Click here for tickets.
Related Stories:
Broadway: What's Next (June 20, 2008)
[title of show] To Headline Broadway (April 4, 2008)
[title of show] (The SOB Review) (October 2, 2006)
Making a Name for Itself: [title of show] Extends (August 16, 2006)

Labels: , , , , , , , , , ,

4 Comments:

At 24 June, 2008, Blogger Chris Van Patten said...

W00t! I'm going to be seeing it July 20th at a 3'oclock matinee... can't wait!

 
At 24 June, 2008, Blogger Esther said...

I don't know if you've seen the video of the tos crew doing their report from the after-Tony parties, but it's very funny. That was my first lengthy introduction to them.

 
At 24 June, 2008, Blogger Roxie said...

I can't wait!!

 
At 24 June, 2008, Blogger Steve On Broadway (SOB) said...

Chris and Roxie, Glad to know I'm not alone! Of course, I knew I wasn't, but you get my drift.

Esther, Yes, I've seen their Tony video, which I may say so, was much better than any of the Cubby Bernstein stuff....

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Technorati blog directory Blog Directory & Search engine
Visitor Map

Powered by FeedBurner