Tuesday, April 22, 2008
Yesterday, I left a quick post regarding a literal run-in with musical theatre star John Barrowman, who was nice as can possibly be.
Last evening, whilst going to see God Of Carnage with Ralph Fiennes and Janet McTeer at London's lovely Gielgud Theatre, RF's brother Joseph (pictured) was seated just a few row behind us in the front stalls, while Elizabeth McGovern was also in the audience.
More to come on God Of Carnage with a complete SOB Review in the days ahead. For now, let's just say, we're all fundamentally uncouth.
Tonight, it's Maria Friedman and tomorrow, Gone With The Wind.
This is Steve On Broadway (SOB) in London.
Life is a stage. Act appropriately. - steve on broadway (sob)
SOB's Current Headlines
- Greetings From London
- Did Affair Positively Cater To Critics?
- From Up Here (The SOB Review)
- A Catered Opening Night
- Harvey's Turn: Everything's Coming Up Noses
- Cat On A Hot Tin Roof (The SOB Review)
- In The Heights (The SOB Review)
- Theatre Etiquette, Part Four (Or Drunken City)
- Is London's GWTW Already Went With The Wind?
- 36 Down, 3 To Go
The SOB Poll
Current Broadway Shows
Broadway's 2010-11 Theatrical Season
- Name: Steve On Broadway (SOB)
- Location: United States
As someone who has been involved in both politics and public relations, it's no wonder I love watching theatre. Good or bad, it's the raw energy of seeing a live performance that gets my adrenaline pumping. From the moment I saw my very first Broadway show ("Annie" in London in 1979), I was hooked. Now I see as many as 70 shows each year ranging from soaring musicals to two-hander plays. And these eyes just may be in an audience near you!
Subscribe to SOB
Follow SOB on Twitter
Follow SOB on Facebook
Real-Live Bloggers SOB Knows Personally
Other Blogs SOB Reads
One Blog Read That Can Positively Change Lives
SOB's Favorite Theatre Sites
- American Theatre Wing
- American Theatre Wing's Tony Awards
- Live Broadway
- Internet Broadway Database
- Broadway TV
- Broadway Across America
- Society of London Theatre's Laurence Olivier Awards
- London's What's On Stage
- London Theatre Guide
- New York Post Theater Blog
- New York Times Arts Beat Blog
- Theatre.com (London)
- Steppenwolf Theatre