Monday, April 21, 2008

Greetings From London

Greetings From London

Sorry folks if you don't see many postings this week, but I'm in London and then Paris this week. The poor, poor value of the dollar is killing me.

But one bright moment occurred earlier today in Harrods of all places. My friends from Atlanta, who are huge fans of the Brit television show "Doctor Who" spotted John Barrowman standing next to us at the candy counter just as we were purchasing some chocolate covered strawberries.

Turned out this great star of the British stage is quite a nice chap and very affable, indeed.

More to come, albeit sporadically.

This is Steve On Broadway (SOB).

Labels: , ,

6 Comments:

At 21 April, 2008, Blogger Sarah B. Roberts said...

You know? I'm NOT feeling that sorry for you! Ah, Paree in the spring. Kiss her for me. And then have un grand café avec le lait for me. Mmmmm.

 
At 22 April, 2008, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Steve,

You're a bonafide celebrity magnet...I will never forget how we were walking in NYC and I mentioned Raul Esparza in connection with what show he would be in next. Before I could finish the sentence you pointed him out to me smoking within 50 feet of us....

 
At 22 April, 2008, Blogger Esther said...

Hey Steve,
I hope you're relaxing and having a great time and your friends are loving London. I know you're an excellent tour guide!

 
At 22 April, 2008, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Steve,
You know you could have really teased all us of with your play-going itinerary........I know Fiennes is in the mix at the Gielgud......you know I sat in front of Derek Jacobi in that theater when I saw "All's Well that Ends Well" with Dench......Ian Richardson was in the audience that evening also.....that was four years ago now.......
I also saw McKellen, delaTour and Owen Teale in that theater........
And I was in there the last time also just so I could see Tara Fitzgerald.......
Oh, look around and see if one of my gloves is still there from the last visit....I know I lost it there......
Have a great time.............

 
At 22 April, 2008, Anonymous Anonymous said...

e says....

I was once riding the bus along Broadway and saw Nanette Fabray standing on the street.

Nanette Fabray. Take THAT!

 
At 22 April, 2008, Anonymous Anonymous said...

oh, she sat behind me once at a performance and pre-show these kids pestered the devil out of the poor dear for her autograph......

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Technorati blog directory Blog Directory & Search engine
Visitor Map

Powered by FeedBurner