Monday, May 07, 2007

Sunday In The Park With Daniel And Jenna

Sunday In The Park With Daniel And Jenna

Exciting news was just reported by Playbill that Daniel Evans and Jenna Russell (pictured) will reprise their Olivier Award-winning roles in the London-to-Broadway transfer of Sunday In The Park With George.

Last year, the Stephen Sondheim tuner was mounted by London's Menier Chocolate Factory to ecstatic acclaim. Stateside, the show will be staged by the Roundabout Theatre Company at Studio 54 next February.

While I've yet to have the privilege of taking in a performance by Evans, I can tell you how captivating Russell can be -- I caught her as Sarah Brown opposite Ewan McGregor in the exquisite Michael Grandage-helmed West End revival of Guys And Dolls. and as I noted, she worked her magic.

Personally, this is the one Broadway revival I won't miss in the 2007-08 Theatrical Season.

This is Steve On Broadway (SOB).

Related Stories:
"Sunday" In Studio 54 With Roundabout (February 23, 2007)
Is It Just Me, Or...(Part II) (February 21, 2007)
Sunday At The Grosvenor House With Laurence (February 19, 2007)
Which British Hits Will Be Broadway-Bound? (September 20, 2006)
Sunday in the Park With George Revival Opens in London's West End (May 23, 2006)

Labels: , , , , , , , ,

4 Comments:

At 07 May, 2007, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Steve,

I say this production in London last year. It is truley on of the most satisfying theatrical experiences I have had. The technology adds to the humanity of the peice and both Evan and Russell are great in BOTH acts. After having the Peters/Patinkin version so clearly etched into our psyche this new take is a breath of fresh air that makes you feel not just admire the peice.

Its very hard to get right (it had its Oz premiere a few months ago - miscast and concieved)but there is so much heart in this jewel of a production.

hmm

I'll stop raving now but seriously RUN dont WALK and see it

Cheers
Michael H

 
At 07 May, 2007, Blogger Steve On Broadway (SOB) said...

Michael, I appreciate your insights. Perhaps I'll actually purchase a subscription to Roundabout now...

 
At 07 May, 2007, Blogger Sarah B. Roberts said...

Hmmmm, well, I know I will be there over and over and over again, but those are not the voices that I wanted. I suppose I'll learn to love them. Sigh.

 
At 08 May, 2007, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Sarah,

If you mean you'll miss Mr Patinkin and Ms Peters this is such a fresh take that I am sure you will love them as much.

there is some fopotage on the UK website and the CD is pretty much what the show sounds like.

Cheers
Michael H

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Technorati blog directory Blog Directory & Search engine
Visitor Map

Powered by FeedBurner