Friday, December 10, 2010

Ringing My Bell


Ringing My Bell

I'll wager most Americans have no idea the Salvation Army is actually an organized religious faith that they're supporting every time they throw their loose change into one of their bell ringer's little red pots at this time of year.

Speaking of organized religion, I still can't help but wonder what the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints, more commonly known as Mormons, will think of the upcoming Broadway musical The Book Of Mormon. As I've previously said, I will vigorously defend the right to freedom of speech, but I have serious doubts the show's creators would ever have moved forward with a production lampooning the Islamic faith.

As for bell ringers, move your cursor over the doorknob on The Book Of Mormon's Web site and you'll hear a completely different variety. (At least no one was asking me for money, unless you count the show's tickets that start at $59.)

This is Steve On Broadway (SOB).



In keeping with the Federal Trade Commission (FTC) regulations that unfairly discriminate against bloggers, who are now required by law to disclose when they have received anything of value they might write about, please note that I have received nothing of value in exchange for this post.

Labels: , , , , , ,

1 Comments:

At 10 December, 2010, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks for giving me cause to do more research into the Salvation Army. :) I've seen them ringing their bells my whole life, and never really knew who they were. But now I know, and, thankfully, am in no way disappointed. Hooray!

Aaaand off to research said musical, now... priorities, ya know? :P

-Cat Greenfield

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Technorati blog directory Blog Directory & Search engine
Visitor Map

Powered by FeedBurner