Wednesday, January 10, 2007

Deuce Tickets Now On Pre-Sale

Deuce Tickets Now On Pre-Sale

So much for best laid plans.

More than a month ago, I marked my calendar for January 14 as the date that tickets for Terrence McNally's new play Deuce would go on pre-sale. This is the hotly anticipated show that teams up beloved stage actresses Angela Lansbury and Marian Seldes; it also marks Lansbury's first regular Broadway role in more than a quarter century.

Earlier today, I confirmed that pre-sale date through a posting on Playbill's Web site. But something must have happened late this afternoon or early evening. When I happened to check for more information about the pre-sale, I learned that it had actually begun, apparently today -- four days earlier than originally announced. Even more confounding was that the Playbill story now indicates that tickets are on pre-sale.

What happened?

Whatever! Since Lansbury is one actress I would move mountains to see treading the boards, I bought my tickets immediately and will now be in the audience on the evening of May 5 when most of the critics will be there on the eve of the production's official opening. If you're like me and wait with baited breath for once-in-a-lifetime opportunities to see your favorite actors perform live, you'll understand my disappointment in learning that the pre-sale date was accelerated. But you'll also appreciate my relief in finding out now instead of Sunday.

As it turns out, I landed a third row seat. I'm looking forward to seeing the legendary Lansbury and superb Sendes together in what could very well be the hottest ticket of the year. If you've also been waiting for Deuce tickets to go on pre-sale (the pre-sale is open to American Express Gold Card holders, while the regular sale begins on January 27), now you know!

This is Steve On Broadway (SOB).

Click here for tickets.
Related Stories:
Polls Close (But Another Opens) (November 10, 2006)
Legendary Acting Ace Angela Lansbury To Star In Deuce (October 31, 2006)
Survey Says.... (October 23, 2006)

Labels: , , ,

4 Comments:

At 12 January, 2007, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow, you're going to see one of your favorite actresses on my birthday! What a coincidence! I know that's going to bring you lots of luck and you'll have a wonderful time!

So what is it about Angela Lansbury that makes her the one actress you would "move mountains" to see on stage?

Marian Seldes taught Kevin Spacey, along with many other talented performers, at Juilliard, so she's a legend herself!

 
At 12 January, 2007, Blogger Steve On Broadway (SOB) said...

Esther,

There are few actresses from 20th Century theatre who can match the record of Angela Lansbury, who first appeared on the Broadway stage in 1957 in Hotel Paradiso and went on to star in such hits as Mame, Dear World, Gypsy (the first revival) and Sweeney Todd. For each of the last four, she won a Tony Award.

Actresses like Lansbury deserve their legendary status, and since I've never had the opportunity to see this living legend before, I believe as a theatre devotee that I owe it to myself to make every effort to see her perform at least once.

Cheers!

 
At 12 January, 2007, Blogger Mike said...

Ooh, thanks for reminding me! This is one of those occasions when I'm going to bite it and pay full price. Outside of the Dorothy Parker reading earlier this year, I've never had the chance to see Angela Lansury on stage.

 
At 12 January, 2007, Blogger Steve On Broadway (SOB) said...

Mike, Fortunately great seats are available and not necessarily all at the "premium" pricing. I just pulled up front row seats, for example, on a Tuesday night in June for the relative bargain price of just $105.25 including all service fees.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Technorati blog directory Blog Directory & Search engine
Visitor Map

Powered by FeedBurner