Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Which Cast Recording Would You Want Most?

Which Cast Recording Would You Want Most?

If you could win any original Broadway cast recording, which one would you want most?

That was essentially the question I posed via Twitter and Facebook over the past week in my latest SOB Contest. Since I have been feeling very much in the holiday spirit, I decided that my gift to some of my lucky followers would be the cast recording of their choice. I then drew the names of five lucky winners.
 
Congratulations to the following winners:
  • Lynn Gaillard (Carrollton, TX), who wanted and won [title of show] cast recording.
  • Jonathon Hunter (Akron, OH), who wanted and won Monty Python's Spamalot cast recording.
  • Jayson Kerr (New York, NY), who wanted and won The Scottsboro Boys cast recording.
  • Evelyn Sam (Briarwood, NY), who wanted and won The Lion King cast recording.
  • Alex Wolfe (Blue Bell, PA), who wanted and won The Scottsboro Boys cast recording.
To each of these winners, as well as to all followers, let me express my deepest appreciation for following Steve On Broadway (SOB)! To the winners, please note that once I have the cast recordings of your choice in hand, I will ship them out immediately, just in time for the holidays!

So, dear readers, if you had to choose any cast recording you just have to have in your collection, which would it be? Would it be one that is already in your possession? Would it be one you have been saving up to buy? Or would it be for a rarity that is just impossible to get? I'll be curious to hear what your selection would be.

This is Steve On Broadway (SOB).



In keeping with the Federal Trade Commission (FTC) regulations that unfairly discriminate against bloggers, who are now required by law to disclose when they have received anything of value they might write about, please note that I have received nothing of value in exchange for this post. In fact, I have even sprung for each of the cast recordings so that five lucky readers could enjoy listening to the ones they wanted most.

Labels: , , , , , ,

6 Comments:

At 14 December, 2010, Blogger Kevin Daly said...

Considering what I've got in my collection already, it would have to be one of the Masterworks Broadway releases that have been pouring out over the past year or one of Kritzerland's special limited edition remastering (I'm hoping Bruce will release the 1966 OBCR of "A Time for Singing").

Then of course there are the new scores and revival albums. For me (whether or not I like the show/score) if it's got cast recording on it, I want to have it!

 
At 14 December, 2010, Blogger Steve On Broadway (SOB) said...

I always learn something new whenever you share your opinion and insights. Thanks Kevin!

 
At 14 December, 2010, Anonymous steven cates said...

Being that I have wanted to see it since I heard of it's conception,it is safe to say that SCOTTSBORO BOYS is the Original Cast recording that I would absolutely love to have. I have a few tracks downloaded from I-tunes, but I would love to hear the entire show. I have never been to NYC to see a show, so I truly enjoy everything you write in your blog about your theater experiences.

 
At 14 December, 2010, Blogger Steve On Broadway (SOB) said...

Steven, I sure hope you'll have an opportunity to get to New York City to see a Broadway show. There really is nothing like your first time in the Big Apple.

As for The Scottsboro Boys, I took the opportunity of buying my own copy of the Off-Broadway cast recording when ordering the prizes for my contest winners. While I'm sure I'll love every minute of my listening pleasure, it can never compare to seeing the show live. I'm thankful I had the opportunity both in Minneapolis and on Broadway.

 
At 14 December, 2010, Blogger Fronkensteen said...

I usually just buy the albums on iTunes or Amazon... but every now and then, there's a special cast recording that comes along, and I'll ♥ it so much, i'll buy it to keep on my shelf and collect dust until I pull it down again to look at and admire. While I have already downloaded La Cage Aux Folles (2010), I still don...'t own the physical CD.
But if I were to choose one I didn't already have, I'd say Bloody Bloody Andrew Jackson or Scottsboro Boys, because I don't have those, yet, and haven't even heard them! ;)

 
At 15 December, 2010, Blogger Unknown said...

What I really wish they would do is make a final cast recording - I would love a recording of Next to Normal with Marin Mazzie and Jason Danieley - Their voices differ from the original and the deeper voice of Jason Danieley makes a wonderful counterpoint to the other cast members. (Hey, sometimes later cast changes are better.)

After that, you got me thinking so I just downloaded Kiss of the spider woman off of Amazon

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Technorati blog directory Blog Directory & Search engine
Visitor Map

Powered by FeedBurner