Monday, March 23, 2009

What Hath God Wrought?

What Hath God Wrought?

Yesterday, the Broadway incarnation of God Of Carnage opened to a slew of pretty decent reviews, including the one that seems to matter most.

Helmed by Matthew Warchus , the Great White Way staging of Yasmina Reza's latest work (with translation from Christopher Hampton) stars Jeff Daniels, Hope Davis, James Gandolfini and Marcia Gay Harden.

After having thoroughly enjoyed last year's brilliant London production with Ralph Fiennes and absolutely mesmerizing Janet McTeer -- click here for that SOB Review -- I find this morning's favorable critiques to be very tempting for a revisit to this visceral comedy. Oh, and if you'd like to see McTeer, your opportunity comes later this month as the London-cum-Broadway revival of Mary Stuart begins previews.

This is Steve On Broadway (SOB).

Labels: , , , , , , , , , , ,

2 Comments:

At 28 March, 2009, Blogger Dale said...

Sounds interesting, I'm going to check it out along with Blithe Spirit shortly!

 
At 20 April, 2009, Blogger Dale said...

I read your review of the London production and just commented earlier. I really enjoyed the production and Marcia Gay Harden really blew me away. I also was lucky enough to take in Mary Stuart with Janet McTeer and Harriet Walter. I enjoyed the calibre of the acting very much. This was the one show of the three I saw where nobody stumbled on their lines :-)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Technorati blog directory Blog Directory & Search engine
Visitor Map

Powered by FeedBurner